oEtG Forum

Guilds: Cardinal, Material, and Spiritual Sign Ups

cg

• Heckler
Another thing where I don't really know where else to put it:

I hereby swear off ever joining in any guild (or participating in any guild activities) besides awesomeguild. Also I am removing my blind status so I can see all your secret shit. I can't make sure I'm administering properly while remaining blind.

edit: the above swearing off applies to guilds in their current form. If things change substantially (in such a way that my previous all-seeing-ness does not provide any advantage), I may go re-blind before new secrets are established if I feel like participating and don't have to administer.

As I have had no need to go in and do anything in the guild boards since the original unfucking was completed, I have gone re-blind, so you're on your own. I will continue to sit out of guilds in their current form just to avoid any potential appearance of impropriety, but I may choose to participate when "seasons" change or when the next step of their evolution occurs or whatever other event makes it so that there's no benefit I could be gaining from having been able to look at yer seekrit shit in the past.

Also, awesomeguild is still best guild.

Shinki12345

I hereby swear off ever joining in any guild (or participating in any guild activities) besides awesomeguild. Also I am removing my blind status so I can see all your secret shit. I can't make sure I'm administering properly while remaining blind.

edit: the above swearing off applies to guilds in their current form. If things change substantially (in such a way that my previous all-seeing-ness does not provide any advantage), I may go re-blind before new secrets are established if I feel like participating and don't have to administer.

As I have had no need to go in and do anything in the guild boards since the original unfucking was completed, I have gone re-blind, so you're on your own. I will continue to sit out of guilds in their current form just to avoid any potential appearance of impropriety, but I may choose to participate when "seasons" change or when the next step of their evolution occurs or whatever other event makes it so that there's no benefit I could be gaining from having been able to look at yer seekrit shit in the past.

Awesome guild could be chroma? You can use any other guilds cards, but you can't use pillars/pends besides the ones in chroma.

Of course, seeing other peoples deck lists would be a serious advantage, so to even that out we could say that awesome guild gets a section that has to be open to the public and there deck lists they use have to be posted in their main deck thread.

kirbylover314

• The Meta of Christmas Past

Awesome guild could be chroma? You can use any other guilds cards, but you can't use pillars/pends besides the ones in chroma.

Of course, seeing other peoples deck lists would be a serious advantage, so to even that out we could say that awesome guild gets a section that has to be open to the public and there deck lists they use have to be posted in their main deck thread.

Awesomeguild uses only awesomedecks with awesomecards in them.

Shinki12345

Me kirby and FC all did a mini-event using fully upgraded guild decks to test out the possiblities of upgraded play. We did it like this: The winner of a game then faces the loser of the last game(the person sitting out) and then if they win against them, then they face the other person. First person to get 7 wins was victorious. I said there was a QP prize for the winner just BARELY, but I figured they both deserve a prize as well. Adding 1 :chroma QP to kirby, mine, and FC's owned quanta points, this won't be usable for anything yet, but it certainly looks cool.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 04:37:23 am by Shinki12345 »

flyingcat

• RNJesus > Hard Counter
I blame keyboard shortcuts. Accidentally hit s and targeted self with purify instead of Shinki. :(
They were really good games! Y'all need to try it upped.
So apparently I can fly now

cg

• Heckler

Awesomeguild mocks your "restrictions". Awesomeguild can and will use anything awesome.

Also, I cannot see other people's deck lists anymore, and haven't had the need to go in to the secret boards to have looked at them since I originally finished organizing the boards, though as I said I will not be participating until a new "season" or substantive rules change occurs that will make it so people don't have to take my word about what I have looked at already. Awesomeguild only has the ability to see the awesomeguild board, not all the guilds - I had that ability due to the admin permissions group that I was using up until I replaced it yesterday with the guildblind permissions group that serp and fippe use.

Shinki12345

Awesomeguild mocks your "restrictions". Awesomeguild can and will use anything awesome.

Also, I cannot see other people's deck lists anymore, and haven't had the need to go in to the secret boards to have looked at them since I originally finished organizing the boards, though as I said I will not be participating until a new "season" or substantive rules change occurs that will make it so people don't have to take my word about what I have looked at already. Awesomeguild only has the ability to see the awesomeguild board, not all the guilds - I had that ability due to the admin permissions group that I was using up until I replaced it yesterday with the guildblind permissions group that serp and fippe use.

If there comes a time that you have to view the topics for administration purposes, we can have the guild leaders save the OP with all the decks listed into a google doc or something then have them sweep it clean until finished with maintenance. So for all guild leaders, remember to keep any important posts from your thread in the OP so you can just copy paste.

Also, thats fine, I guess awesomeguild can just play whatever they want. I mean, I use almost exclusively guild decks in OL and I did just fine, so it really isn't THAT big of an advantage.

cg

• Heckler
If there comes a time that you have to view the topics for administration purposes, we can have the guild leaders save the OP with all the decks listed into a google doc or something then have them sweep it clean until finished with maintenance. So for all guild leaders, remember to keep any important posts from your thread in the OP so you can just copy paste.

Yeah, there's no shortage of ways this can be handled without a problem. Being open about what's going on is one of the biggest ones, which is the reason for me posting about it at all. If a situation arises that requires some action, action will be taken in the way that causes the least problems.

Also, thats fine, I guess awesomeguild can just play whatever they want. I mean, I use almost exclusively guild decks in OL and I did just fine, so it really isn't THAT big of an advantage.

awesomeguild cares not for rules, leagues, or other guilds. awesomeguild cares only for awesome.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 04:13:18 pm by cg »

Shinki12345

I blame keyboard shortcuts. Accidentally hit s and targeted self with purify instead of Shinki. :(

FC actually went 5/0 in the beginning, then it ended upping 5/0 against them, then Kirby managed to get a few wins before I ended up getting the final win. It was fun doing upped, but I prefer unupped because upped is too fast.

kirbylover314

FC actually went 5/0 in the beginning, then it ended upping 5/0 against them, then Kirby managed to get a few wins before I ended up getting the final win. It was fun doing upped, but I prefer unupped because upped is too fast.

"Few" denotes I won more than once. I definitely didn't win more than once :P

kirbylover314

Me kirby and FC all did a mini-event using fully upgraded guild decks to test out the possiblities of upgraded play. We did it like this: The winner of a game then faces the loser of the last game(the person sitting out) and then if they win against them, then they face the other person. First person to get 7 wins was victorious. I said there was a QP prize for the winner just BARELY, but I figured they both deserve a prize as well. Adding 1 :chroma QP to kirby, mine, and FC's owned quanta points, this won't be usable for anything yet, but it certainly looks cool.

How would I record that extra QP btw?

cg

• Heckler
In one week, I will be kicking everyone out of their guilds so that we can start moving forward with the next step in the guilds event. If you have anything in your secret section that you want to access between now and whenever people get put back into guilds, now's your chance to copy it.

cg

• Heckler
In one week, I will be kicking everyone out of their guilds so that we can start moving forward with the next step in the guilds event. If you have anything in your secret section that you want to access between now and whenever people get put back into guilds, now's your chance to copy it.

Guild membership has been cleared. Your team of Guild Organizers are working diligently to develop the mechanisms for selecting new leadership (i.e. Trials). The GOs will notify you when that mechanism is put into place as well as the process for re-joining guilds as a non-leader.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Due to overwhelming awesomeness, AwesomeGuild membership has not been cleared.