oEtG Forum

Everything You Wanted to Know About Guilds but Were Afraid to Ask

Shinki12345

The other thread is dedicated specifically to match results, so I made this thread for suggestions and feedback. Feel free to give any ideas or constructive comments on the leagues as is, the idea is still pretty new so the rules are very much open to change.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 02:47:34 pm by Shinki12345 »

Shinki12345

75% sounds a bit high for me (I'd go with 60%). Do quad pillars count as in-element (for the respective guild)?
Why do we wager cards if they aren't shown anywhere? Does it matter at all which card we wager? What is listed in the OP and the replies are only points, does the cards we wager matter at all? If not, why is it in the rules?

Don't misunderstand me, I am not hating on your rules or anything, I am just saying that if something is not relevant at all, either make it relevant or remove it, to not make it confusing :P
Maybe if a guild has more than X of a certain element's card, they can use more of that element in their deck? Or maybe they are allowed to ban that element for a match if they want to? Just throwing out suggestions, but you can of course do whatever.

Deleted from the other thread, so I am reposting this here^

I think 75% is just the right amount. It allows for slight splashes to occur without allowing virtually any duo available within the meta. I prefer having a restricted metagame, it makes things more interesting since you can build specific decks to combat other decks in a more specialized way.

Fippe, I love your ideas, for this, I think I have a cool way to implement this. I wanted to make guild leagues different from regular as much as possible, so I added them as a sort of "Medal" for winning, but making them be useful seems like a lot more fun.

Dawn to Dusk

• The Original Materialist
so do we physically give them the cards won or is it forum based?

Shinki12345

You physically give them the card, and it will also be recorded on forums. Its just good to have them so that way its easier to update them if we get behind, its also kind of cool to win a card from a duel. <3

kirbylover314

• The Meta of Christmas Past

You physically give them the card, and it will also be recorded on forums. Its just good to have them so that way its easier to update them if we get behind, its also kind of cool to win a card from a duel. <3

Damnit, that means I have to re-grind for sparks I lost. :\

flyingcat

• RNJesus > Hard Counter
No pls, I wanna keep my photons! Blew 1k on getting them!
So apparently I can fly now

Fippe94

• Administrator
Eh. I'd say that if both people agree, you shouldn't *have* to trade the actual cards, since it's still recorded on forums.

flyingcat

• RNJesus > Hard Counter
Do we have a starting number of wager able cards?
So apparently I can fly now

kirbylover314

• The Meta of Christmas Past
Do we have a starting number of wager able cards?

iirc, you have an unlimited amount of wagerable cards that are in element. Since you are in material guild, you would have unlimited freeze, ash eater, etc.

Dawn to Dusk

• The Original Materialist
guild tourneys can finally get underway yay!!!!

also, i suggest for the name of this thread to be changed to guilds: suggestions and feedback unless you plan on making a universal S&F thread for guilds

flyingcat

• RNJesus > Hard Counter

Shinki12345

Ask your questions and discuss anything that doesn't fit into other threads here(as long as its related to guilds).

OdinVanguard

• ... Oxidants happen...
What would you think of having guilds for spells, creatures, and permanents as well.
The spell and permanent guild could maybe do with a slight extension to help them compete with the other guilds. I.e. add flying weapon, crusader, and lifesmith for permanents guild and mindgate, clepshydra, stormspike, and alchemist for spells guild.