oEtG Forum

Menu rewrite

serprex · 12 · 6488

serprex

• Global Moderator
With the matter of UI rewrites, I figure I should begin meditating on what I intend to do in a "menu rewrite". Most of this stuff is nitpicky & could be done without the other changes

1 add button to end-of-match for W shortcut
2 landing page will be login screen, include an "Enter Sandbox" button
3 PvP stuff moved to a "waiting screen" where one will input things & then wait. Leaving screen will send cancel message
4 move some options to an "options screen" (enable sound, enable music, preload art). This includes "Wipe Account"
5 horizontally flatten arena info & buttons
6 include a "Test" button in Arena Info
7 Custom AI fields moved to a different page as a different AI target (this seems messy to do cleanly) (include AI vs AI)
8 there's gotta be a better way to show pvp/ai w/l + gold
9 prefix field for chat status

The menu space afterwards should be evaluated for whether Arena Info & Arena T20 & Wealth T50 could be displayed on the main menu (make appropriate API changes so that those UIs are still in different files)

cg drafting ideas @ https://titanpad.com/oetgui
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 09:40:15 pm by serprex »

serprex

• Global Moderator
Posting screenshot of something I tried locally, feedback welcome. Lacks pixel placement tuning

Beside Logout a button "Settings" can be added. It would create the set of checkmarks in the bottom right corner of the screen. This would allow factoring out the Options panel
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 05:58:11 am by serprex »

cg

• Heckler
NOTE THAT ALL OF THIS IS ROUGH DRAFT OF LAYOUT ONLY. Exact text and positioning and stuff (not to mention actually looking pretty) still TBD.

rough draft of layout for main menu. daily card should open a popover, as should settings. probably forgetting some things

edit: forgot to mention that the "account info" box is replaced with the custom ai stuff when in sandbox mode

rightpane (chat pane):
Spoiler for Hidden:
Code: [Select]
RIGHTPANE:
link     link     link
[]Invis       []Away
[]Seeking PvP []Seeking Trade
[______________]Status                 also works as guestname for guests

* 01:23:45 serprex lol im a noob *
* 01:34:56 cg srsly              *
[chat input is not to scale      ]
[is 2 lines of text high         ]

Login Screen
Spoiler for Hidden:
Code: [Select]
############   #:logo/title text/possibly some links
############   *:login/pw text boxes, "auto login" checkbox, "enter the sandbox" button
******$$$$$$       background of some card art or something maybe, dunno yet
******$$$$$$   $:"recent changes" feed
******$$$$$$
******$$$$$$

edit: the extra real estate in the login pane can be used to display images of the ~6 most recently released cards or something. this is in addition to the recent changes feed.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 09:40:58 pm by cg »

cg

• Heckler
For those lacking in sufficient imagination to properly view the layout in the previous post, I present to you the glory that is PAINTMENU:

If it wasn't obvious, all text is placeholder, and all color is basically placeholder, and some shadows need dropped and things need snapped to grids and really everything that you can't do in paint needs done. I kinda like that level of dark for the background, though, so I'm thinking of something along the lines of taking the current wood grain background and darkening it up to more like this image.

Also the buttons in "Players" aren't supposed to be white (though the text boxes are) - I just screwed up and couldn't be bothered to go back and fix it. They're supposed to look like the other buttons.

Chapuz

Wouldn't be better to swap the places of "cards and decks" and the stats? So the very first thing seen is the most basic one

cg

• Heckler
I went with what I did so that the first thing you see is "here is how things are" and then from there you can go to "let's change how things are" or "let's do things".

Also related: the left column is entirely informational, middle column is entirely about AI battling, and the right column is about changing deck/settings and player interaction (i.e. all the things that aren't purely informational or aren't AI battling).

None of that stuff has to stay that way or anything, that's just the rationale behind why things are located where they are.

Fippe94

• Administrator
I think I agree with Chap, better to switch left column with right column imo. Except Settings and logout which can stay to the right.

cg

• Heckler
Pretend PAINTMENU's leaderboards section has leaderboards for top win streaks for each target in addition to those other leaderboards.

cg

• Heckler
just copy/pasting a couple notes from chat so they don't get lost when I forget about them and f5 in a couple minutes:

stupid oracle card in main menu is stupid

other stuff: (1) the contents of the arena box needs centered horizontally, (2) the "ai deck" field should lose like 4 pixels of width or something to give that row better horizontal margins, and (3) the players box should get taller while the settings box gets shorter so that the players box bottom margin is better

edit: deck names overflow by escaping their blue box on the right side. make them wrap or shrink or something instead. also make sure that (if they wrap) they don't push the rest of the contents of the blue box out of the blue box or force scrollbars or something.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 06:17:39 pm by cg »

cg

• Heckler
give deck names two lines
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 03:58:11 pm by cg »

Chapuz

Give the button explanation on the upper box for the 10 decks buttons.

"Select deck DeckName to be used in your next games"
"You haven't saved a deck in this slot yet"

Change ALL the Exit buttons display names to "Main Menu"
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 05:04:11 pm by Chapuz »