oEtG Forum

Buff Quantum Locket

Chapuz · 13 · 8846

Chapuz

If I want to generate quanta for a card that isn't in my hand yet (let's say a Chimera for a OTK), I can't. So I propose also make targetable the quantum symbols of your quanta pool to save this situations.

Cheers!

serprex

• Global Moderator
This requires implementing QuantaInstances. Would open up some neat directions in card ideas

Chapuz

This requires implementing QuantaInstances. Would open up some neat directions in card ideas
I don't know what quantainstances mean, but i guess you are saying it's a good idea

Dawn to Dusk

• The Original Materialist

OdinVanguard

• ... Oxidants happen...
metamorphosis could do with the same buff
^Definitely, I think morph needs the buff more than locket actually.

Terroking

metamorphosis could do with the same buff
^Definitely, I think morph needs the buff more than locket actually.

Yeah, especially unupped, morph is practically useless, though locket is still pretty good. Meta's problem is that effectively it sacs a pillar for a new one, so the instant effect has to make the card worth it (Either more quanta or something different, a card draw maybe?).

Other options for buffing:
Meta is free unupped, generates 2/3 quanta
Locket is free unupped, doesn't generate any quanta until you use it, upped stays as-is (This makes it more synonymous with pillars/towers)

Chapuz

But lockets can't be just technically better than pillars/towers, they must have at least a little drawback (not generating on play)

Terroking

But lockets can't be just technically better than pillars/towers, they must have at least a little drawback (not generating on play)

Yeah, in my example they basically function as a full turn behind a pillar/tower. The same way they do now, but with changed implementation on the unupped version (the upped is already fine imo).

Instead of costing 1 to play and producing a quanta on turn 1, the unupped could start without any element making nothing turn 1, the same effectiveness as the current version, and only start producing on the second turn, when you use it's ability and give it a target.

cg

• Heckler
Locket should not get free targeting. Metamorphosis can get free targeting.

Chapuz

Quote from: cg lifor the unupped one (I just understood it)=topic=290.msg2021#msg2021 date=1426624629
Locket should not get free targeting. Metamorphosis can get free targeting.
That would ruin a fun and dynamic quanta generation in Locket + Nova/SN decks
Terro's suggestion for the unupped one (i just understood it) is awesome. But hey, elemental icon targetting!

Serp doesn't like producing   :light just for Sundials with them. I want other opinions.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 01:05:06 am by Chapuz »

Shinki12345

Locket is one of the best cards in the game, it works on almost any non-mono deck. Definitely does not need a buff.

cg

• Heckler
Locket is one of the best cards in the game ... Definitely does not need a buff.

Of all of the true things ever said on this forum, this is definitely one of the most recent.

Dawn to Dusk

• The Original Materialist
Locket is one of the best cards in the game, it works on almost any non-mono deck. Definitely does not need a buff.
while it is a buff, we are not intending to change the card itself, just the mechanics behind the card. if the modification of letting it chose from the quanta pool is still being theorised, it still seems like a fair thing to do