oEtG Forum

AI derps

serprex · 60 · 35381

serprex

• Global Moderator
Might as well keep AI derps to a single topic. Also useful for designing Arena decks with pilot in mind

Won't remove SoPa's for win if it has too many (3+?) copies on the field (now mitigated)
Will infect (really big?) GP'd voodoos
Will RT dragons vs charge walls (?)
Otys eat ally shrieker vs dims (?)
Won't target orochis
Won't properly lobo spores
Scatters player's hand as an improvement (ie play all pillars, AI scatters your hand, get more pillars as a result is good early game)
Plays pillars while under effect of neurotoxin
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 06:35:53 pm by serprex »

cg

• Heckler
21:22:10 ColorlessGreen: having a full hand and not wanting to play anything out of it makes the ai want to spam useless abilities (i.e. mitosis with a full field)
21:22:20 ColorlessGreen: drawing a pillar and playing it makes him realize he doesn't want to waste quanta spamming useless mitosis

to clarify, drawing anything playable and playing it makes him not spam useless abilities

to further clarify, it appears that full-hand-with-nothing-to-play is also what makes him use his squid to freeze his own creature. i speculate that not being able to play anything may somehow be inverting the value of abilities?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 04:25:01 am by cg »

serprex

• Global Moderator
Kills own board with flooding
Spams singularities vs shapeshifter
Never plays Tunneling
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 03:16:39 am by serprex »

timpa

• New to Elements
Beguilling a Voodoo Doll (that it had nightmared and I played to release hand space), for no profit at all.
:chroma :gravity :time

Dawn to Dusk

• The Original Materialist
ai nightmared a card that i could play rather than one that i couldnt despite both being on the field. it also had minotaur on the field

Dawn to Dusk

• The Original Materialist
ai wont spam UG if the opponent has a shield out, namely debris barricade

timpa

• New to Elements
AI doesn't bother too much, until it is too late, on freezing an army of Chrisaoras, even if you have the quanta to ise the ability (it had a bunch of squids and I had everything on my side frozen when I play fractal + chrisaora)
:chroma :gravity :time

Terroking

AI was smart and tried to buff my creature to block it with gravy shield, but the buff was momentum.

AI used corpse explosion on a photon when I had no creatures out.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 01:49:10 am by Terroking »

Chapuz

Soul Catchers? Boneyard? Vulture?

Terroking

Soul Catchers? Boneyard? Vulture?

Not that I can recall, but serp said it may have been to reduce hand size and allow for 2x draw, which I believe was likely the case.

Zaranir

AI keeps filling the full field with Cell even against a PA-d Diamond shield (with "The Horde").

No other creature or perma was in play (except pillars).

Zaranir

AI don't want to kill me with 8(!) Unstable gas on field (with my not-so-long-Arena-deck).

Zaranir

AI should play Inertia, when gravi deployer is in play.

Edit: Changed the picture to a better example, but the original is here: http://i.imgur.com/mbWm3u8.png

(And IMO, AI should play the 'Repulsors', because it's too hard to PC to be a real risk factor).
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 12:40:15 am by Zaranir »

kvaak

• not actually a duck
AI uses SoW on my pest because... reasons

Spoiler for Hidden:

I've also seen it use quintessence on my creatures for no apparent reason. Happened particularly often with a life/grav deck with mito dragons.