oEtG Forum

Nerf Repulsors

Dawn to Dusk

• The Original Materialist
Eh not too much an OP card, tho if an opponent with double draw (or even single) can get 3 upped ones out, they reap the game. "well then use PC, same as dims then" lolno. PC only rids you of 1 stack. 3 upped repulsors, 6 stacks, PC it, goes to 5 stacks as opposed to 0. eh, there are arguments for and against, but whatever

serprex

• Global Moderator
There's an argument to make it cost 6 since PC-resistant Jade Shield costs 6

Alternatively return it to 1-cost 1-stack, which only seemed useful vs Swamp

Dawn to Dusk

• The Original Materialist
yea my proposition is for it to increase the DR, but still act as a single shield that can be completely removed with 1PC. maybe thats UP tho

timpa

• New to Elements
the main drawback of repulsor is the deck space that it takes, so making that change increases too much the card advantage a single PC card would have on it. I think the only thing that may be OP is the upgraded giving 2 stacks and even so, I don't see that being abused anywhere.
:chroma :gravity :time

Shinki12345

There are so many ways to win without creature damage that repulsion isn't really as OP as it looks. It's hard to make a deck using it.

serprex

• Global Moderator
I do personally think Repulsors is fine. There's no deck demonstrating its overwhelming power, & arena balance isn't too much of a concern to me. Besides that, if Repulsors are really rampant, Earthquake destroys 3 of them. Dragons should be able to overwhelm them too. 3 Repulsors cost 15 quanta & 3 cards

Unlike Phase Shield, Repulsors need their self synergy. It isn't efficient to run a low number of Repulsors
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 07:00:11 pm by serprex »

OdinVanguard

• ... Oxidants happen...
Letting EQ tear repulsors to shreds helps a bit too.
It would be interesting to have another EQ like effect out there somewhere.

Honestly, I don't think nerfing repulsor itself is necessarily the right tactic at this point. Though I wouldn't be opposed to seeing some kind of side nerfage.

More Byako or EQ like abilities / mechanics come to mind here... Stacking shields could use a little gentle nerf battage in general I think.