oEtG Forum

PvE Events

cg · 5 · 4109

cg

• Heckler
Run an event every month with a new in-game leaderboard tracking some particular pve feat. The leaderboard for that feat is active only within that month, and at the end of the month, winners are declared and receive prizes, then the leaderboard clears and starts tracking a different feat for the next month.

As an example, during the month of March, the event leaderboard could be tracking everyone's win streaks against demigods, and the highest streaks in the month would receive prizes at the end of the month.

Feats to be tracked could be basically anything, really. Win streaks are already coded so they're a good place to start, and even if we just cycle through win streak events, there's six targets so it would change frequently. Later on (as more bonuses get coded) can do leaderboards for "highest poison counters achieved", total number of EMs against a target, etc.

Seems like a good way to get more events going on and provides a new way for people to compete. Can also be utilized to test balance details by directing a lot of grinding time at specific targets or to specific deck styles.

kirbylover314

• The Meta of Christmas Past
I think there should be more than one pve feat, an easier one and a harder one, so newer players don't have to worry about "damn, my starter decks suck"

cg

• Heckler
Bump cause I still think this is a really good thing to add to the game. Doing several at a time (though still rotating) seems like fun.

It's likely gonna be a bit until we can realistically do much with pvp, but this is a good way to get engagement and a bit of competition going. If this also happened along with the cosmetic backgrounds and stuff as rewards that I also bumped, that would be perfect.

edit: also in addition to monthly rotating events with prizes, weekly/monthly resetting static leaderboards (along the lines of "most dg kills this week") would also be great. Anything we can do to add that lets people interact and compete (even asynchronously).
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 03:48:41 am by cg »

cg

• Heckler
see also http://etg.dek.im/forum/index.php?topic=898.new#new for list of things we can build leaderboards around. We probably don't need leaderboards for each of those like hundred things.