oEtG Forum

Grim Reaper

Shinki12345

Grim Reaper:  :death (or  :darkness alternatively)

Cost: 8, 6
Type: Creature

power/toughness: 5/1, 4/1

Cannot be targeted by creature effects.

0; Target creature becomes a skeleton with the same power/toughness and the ability "cannot be targeted by creature effects."

Basically, the purpose of this is the give death a creature that they can use to trigger their death effects and a way for them to lobotomize. This card would also decrease the power of cards such as arctic squid, fire/earth nymph, and a number of other creatures capable of completely taking over games. Additionally, the ability to resist creature effects is currently non-existent.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 08:16:00 pm by serprex »

Chapuz

It's a card designed to be played first than the ones with dominant effects. I would decrease it's cost and attack.
5/4 cost for 3/2 attack? It can then be buffed or nerfed depending on how we find it.

Resisting creature effects is a nerfed Quintessence, I don't like it much. If the generated skeles had no ability other than the undead passive it can at least be used for a funny Eternity random spammer deck

Shinki12345

It's a card designed to be played first than the ones with dominant effects. I would decrease it's cost and attack.
5/4 cost for 3/2 attack? It can then be buffed or nerfed depending on how we find it.

Resisting creature effects is a nerfed Quintessence, I don't like it much. If the generated skeles had no ability other than the undead passive it can at least be used for a funny Eternity random spammer deck

I like the effect of resisting creature effects for the reaper at least, it gives him some ability to resist repeatable CC and makes non-repeatable more appealing in more circumstances.

Sure, the attack and cost can be changed. The effect can change too as long as it maintains a similar concept or feel to it.

serprex

• Global Moderator
Death's death effect trigger creature is Virus & Infected

Shinki12345

Death's death effect trigger creature is Virus & Infected

Death has several death effects, but it has no lobo effects. Lobo effects seem to become increasingly important with each new card and I think deaths lack of instant CC AND PC AND lobo effects makes death seem slightly unprepared.

Looking at it from that standpoint, what are your thoughts?

Edit: skeleton command feels so situational that I forgot it existed, so idk if I count it in the "instant CC" category.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 03:07:04 pm by Shinki12345 »

serprex

• Global Moderator
Skull Shield

You overvalue lobo. Hence you say Rejuv is Life's best card. I personally don't think generic "lobo" is something that's needed everywhere. If it were up to me, most effects like Acceleration & Butterfly Effect wouldn't lobo. But Calindu suggested otherwise; whether he was right is up to debate
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 05:14:30 pm by serprex »

Shinki12345

Skull Shield

You overvalue lobo. Hence you say Rejuv is Life's best card. I personally don't think generic "lobo" is something that's needed everywhere. If it were up to me, most effects like Acceleration & Butterfly Effect wouldn't lobo. But Calindu suggested otherwise; whether he was right is up to debate

Fair enough.

It's not that I over-value lobo effects, it's that I put value in versatility, and this card is one of the ideas I had for creating a more versatile card for death.

OdinVanguard

• ... Oxidants happen...
I'm up in the air a little about the lobo-like effect, but I do really like the creature targeting immunity...
Kind of beats me to the punch for my "Paralax" card which would only allow creatures to be targeted by others in the same row.

Shinki12345

I'm up in the air a little about the lobo-like effect, but I do really like the creature targeting immunity...
Kind of beats me to the punch for my "Paralax" card which would only allow creatures to be targeted by others in the same row.

I thought about it a little more, and I still think the lobo effect is interesting and powerful but maybe not the most original concept. think that the flavor and the unique qualities of the card are interesting enough on there own. But, the whole point of the card is to turn creatures into skeletons and cause a death effect, if we wanted to make it so the effect isn't loboed but changed to require death quanta, that would serve the same purpose but still be unique.

serprex

• Global Moderator
Giving death a spammable death effect eclipses kitties

Chapuz

OdinVanguard

• ... Oxidants happen...
Since you are generating skeletons, there are is also the command skeleton combo to consider. Reaper a bone dragon and you give that spell one heck of a punch.

What would be very interesting, is if you ditch the lobo effect (creatures keep their skill) and reaper a vampire then use command skeletons... Would that result in the vampire returning life to you?

Also worth noting is that this would effectively make the creature nocturnal.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 07:34:46 pm by OdinVanguard »

OdinVanguard

• ... Oxidants happen...

Shinki12345

Giving death a spammable death effect eclipses kitties

Kitties are unlimited use, reapers can only be used if there are creatures in play to target. Plenty of decks don't run creatures, and entropy has a lot of good ways to interact with death in addition to kitties.

Another combo is using this ability with holy light.