oEtG Forum

Brawl

OdinVanguard

• ... Oxidants happen...

Brawl / Brawl
Cost: 5 :gravity / 4 :gravity
Stats (if creature or weapon): -NA-
Ability(ies):
  • unupgraded: "For 2 plies, creatures attack random opposing creatures. Your opponents creatures gain 2 plies of defender status."
  • upgraded: "For 2 plies, creatures attack random opposing creatures. Your opponents creatures gain 2 plies of defender status."

Mass CC... gravity style.

Defender status means that the creature can counterattack if it survives being struck by an enemy creature (does not trigger if struck by ranged attackers).

Essentially each creature that would otherwise hit the opposing player gets redirected to a random enemy creature instead. Enemy creatures will be given defender, however, so be they can retaliate if they survive.
Then, on the opponents turn, their creatures will attack yours at random.
To prevent being OP with high HP gravity creatures, your own creatures do not get defender status.

Spoiler for old version:

Mass CC... gravity style.

Essentially each creature that would otherwise hit the opposing player gets redirected to a random enemy creature instead. Any creature that survives getting attacked will retaliate against its attacker.

E.g. its like having gravity pull get randomly spammed after each creature attacks and the victims automatically gain defender status for the turn.

The effect lasts until the caster's next turn, so the opposing player's creatures get to follow up on their owner's turn (in addition to the auto-retaliate).

Alternative use could be to introduce field position based combat:
"All creature attacks hit the creature in the opposing field slot. Creatures that survive attacks may retaliate."
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 08:23:01 pm by serprex »

flyingcat

• RNJesus > Hard Counter
I was so hopeful until I saw this in New Card Suggestions...
What is a 'defender status'?
So apparently I can fly now

OdinVanguard

• ... Oxidants happen...
Makes them like graviton defender.

In other words, if they survive an attack they get to counterattack.

timpa

• New to Elements
I'm not entirely sold on your creatures not getting defender. Gravity attack is not the largest ever.
:chroma :gravity :time

OdinVanguard

• ... Oxidants happen...
I'm flexible on this, but others suggested that having your creatures get defender as well would make field wipes too easy when using overdrive.

serprex

• Global Moderator
You don't need overdrive, 8 attack is plenty for AoE

Chapuz

I prefere it as a timed permanent for 1 turn, so the text can be read easier.
"Creatures attack random opponent creatures. Foe's creatures gain Defender status"

Also funny Give synergy can be done.

OdinVanguard

• ... Oxidants happen...
I don't hugely care one way or the other whether its a spell or permanent. Both ways work.
I mainly made it as a spell because the game needs more spells.
We have a metric truck load of creatures and a lot of new permanents, but relatively few new spells comparatively.

Shinki12345

I don't hugely care one way or the other whether its a spell or permanent. Both ways work.
We have a metric truck load of creatures and a lot of new permanents, but relatively few new spells comparatively.

Agreed

Chapuz

More important is that the card works the best. Being a spell doesn't allow to use Give and use my creatures as CC. If this isn't considered relevant, go as spell

OdinVanguard

• ... Oxidants happen...
More important is that the card works the best. Being a spell doesn't allow to use Give and use my creatures as CC. If this isn't considered relevant, go as spell
You do get to use your creatures as CC. They attack random enemy creatures, and get the first hit in to boot.