oEtG Forum

Guilds Signups, v.2: Bids

kirbylover314

• The Meta of Christmas Past
wait until signups are down

kthxbai

GLs, please PM all three GO's (kirbylover314, Shinki12345, and feedingcat) when bidding.

You have no time left.

Spoiler for FAQ:
Q: If the max bid is 10, I can get 2 players and I have 20 points, what is stopping me (and the rest of the guild leaders) from simply instantly bidding 10 points on the 2 players I want? Will any leftover points get stored and used for something else?
A: The points will be used later on in Guilds.

Q: If leftover points will be saved, do I have to actually make 2 bids, or can I make less and save points, since people not chosen will get a guild anyway?
A: Make at least 2 bids >.>

Q: Can I have the leading bid for more than 2 players at a time?
A: Yes, but if you have more than 2 at the end of bidding, the three highest players will get on your Guild. If you have something like a 3 way tie for first, we'll use the preferred elements, and if that's still a tie, then we roll a d3.

Q: What is the discount?
A: 2 points

Q: Will guilds be mostly PvP, and if not how will I know what to base my bids on?
A: There will definitely be PvP. However, we also plan to include non-PvP based events such as card design or screenie competitions

Q: Can I bid on two GOs?
A: You may not bid on more than 1 GO at a time. This is to make sure we have at least 1 GO in each guild.

Current Bids
Spoiler for Hidden:
PlayerGuild LeaderBid
OdinVanguarddawn_to_dusk5
feedingcatdawn_to_dusk5
dawn_to_dusk
kirbylover314Fippe942
smashdukeFippe941
Fippe94
Shinki12345timpa2
Chapuztimpa2
serprextimpa2
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 07:18:30 am by kirbylover314 »

flyingcat

• RNJesus > Hard Counter
Bidding is open, will last until I get time to put in a timer
So apparently I can fly now

kirbylover314

kirbylover314

Shinki12345

Just wanted to add that its probably best for GO's to bid on at least 4 people, if you place a bid and don't win it, you will likely want to have backups. Placing bids costs nothing, but winning the bid requires you to pay up.

It is assumed that if you do not get one of your picks, you will have to choose from the people whom were not bid upon(or took a back seat to other bids that happened to win) to replace it.

timpa

• New to Elements

kirbylover314

Fippe94

• Administrator
Where will we see bids made? Will you put up a google doc, or just make update posts here? Or should we post the bids publically too?

flyingcat

• RNJesus > Hard Counter
Post them publicly. We will update OP with current bids.
So apparently I can fly now

kirbylover314

Fippe94

• Administrator

timpa

• New to Elements

kirbylover314

Guild Leaders: remaining time is to verify bids and if you haven't already bid on a third player (timpa has bid more than Fippe, so Fippe has to choose a third.)

Technically, you guys weren't supposed to bid on a third, but whatever. (Dawn was the only one who read stuff)

Also Fippe:
What is the minimum bid?

2 points, so make use of your discounts :P

timpa

• New to Elements

Fippe94

• Administrator
You clearly said "Yes, you can have the leading bid on more than 2 players", though.