oEtG Forum

Art Requests

Fippe94 · 22 · 23925

Fippe94

• Administrator
Here are requests for arts that are not card art. If you are currently working on or are soon planning to work on something on this list, please post here to make sure 2 people don't do the same art.

Rarity symbols
The dots we have right now work, but better, more shiny art is much appreciated.
Done, I added some color to it myself, although will change if anyone gives me nicer coloring.

Quest World map
The current quest map will get too busy eventually, and the plan is to eventually make a big world map with regions you can click on. These regions should then open up smaller maps similar to the one we have right now. I imagine the map to include lots of different environment, probably with all elements having its own part on the map.

UI stuff
Basically making the menus a lot nicer to look at. Including both art and design. Not a priority really.

Shiny Cardbacks
I have plans to add shiny cards to the game which does nothing more than normal cards, just there for collections purposes. To do this I need new, shinier art for the card backgrounds to use for the shiny cards. I have no specific plan for their appearence in mind, except that they should look a bit fancier of some kind than the normal art.

Chapuz

Heya artists! The game needs sounds and animations to look much more complete. Do you know if there are free sites to get them or if you (artists) have to make the spritesheets for the animations yourselves?

OdinVanguard

• ... Oxidants happen...
Do we have the infrastructure in place to use sprites? I could work on some, but there needs to be a little more to go off of. What kinds of sprites do you have in mind?

timpa

• New to Elements
Heya artists! The game needs sounds and animations to look much more complete. Do you know if there are free sites to get them or if you (artists) have to make the spritesheets for the animations yourselves?

Sounds for free tend to look incredibly generic (just take a look at the ones we got).

Adding animations would probably require tuning the pace at which things are played (no point in having animations if the AI plays so fast you can't see anything). We also need to check how to keep the performance while adding animations.
:chroma :gravity :time

Chapuz

Fippe says he only needs the spreadsheets for the animations. The code for reproducing them can even be found in internet, although I know serprex will want to do it by himself xD

Ravizant

• More human than human.

serprex

• Global Moderator
Any spritesheet can be played out as an animation for any effect. ie firebolt, lightning, sky blitz/dive, lobotomize. Tho I'm really tempted to try procedurally draw lightning with lines, but I've been tempted to do that ever since I added fading text as animations

Chapuz

We also need a big, decent map to replace potatotal and fill it with a decent amount of crazy quests. The map should be devided ib 12/13 realms for each element

timpa

• New to Elements
I've been thinking about different approaches to the map. I think the one that would look the most adventury would be using a kind of parchment texture and lay over it hand drawn landmarks.

Some ideas for the 12 realms:

Water: Archipellago or tundra (I'm leaning towards the former, as it looks more natural with the rest of the terrain)
Fire: Active volcano and the region around it
Earth: A mountain range
Air: A kingdom in the clouds? Open plains? Flying pieces of rock?
Gravity: Canyons and maybe floating stuff
Time: A desert
Aether: A place where huge flawlss crystals grow as tall as the clouds
Entropy: The features are ever changing, so a multitude of different terrains
Death: The terrain is made entirelly of ash and bones
Darkness: A swamp
Life: A jungle
Light: Plains

How are the current quests going to fit in this 12 realm idea? I only see it fitting with the temples quest. Where should the proving grounds be? What about the other minor quests? Is the map to be scrollable or will we zoom in and out like in the current one?

cg

• Heckler
Awesomeguild hereby declares war on the heretics attempting to reshape our world out of the divine image. Potatotal island is potato. All life is potato. God is potato.

Potatogod, through its fist named Awesomeguild, shall smite the heretics. You have been warned. Repent your sins.

timpa

• New to Elements
What if we keep a giant floating potato in the new map?

Fippe94

• Administrator
Could have a "Proving Grounds" Island were those quests are, this island could be potato. The other quests wouls be spread around the map. Map should imo be like it is now, one overworld map with different regions, clicking on one will soom in on that region and show the quests.

cg

• Heckler
Could have a "Proving Grounds" Island were those quests are, this island could be potato. The other quests wouls be spread around the map. Map should imo be like it is now, one overworld map with different regions, clicking on one will soom in on that region and show the quests.

Awesomeguild acknowledges the possibility of non-potato lands adjacent to the potatotal holy island. Provided the holy land remains intact, war will be postponed. But we will be watching you. Heretics.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 10:56:42 pm by cg »

flyingcat

• RNJesus > Hard Counter
Make a a Sweet Potatotal Island.
So apparently I can fly now

timpa

• New to Elements
A concept sketch for the map. Each of these regions would be clickable, leading to a map of a portion of that realm (if we need more space, we can always add movement to different directions and not add the borders of the domains, so there is always more of a given realm to be explored)

The world would be a kind of disc with the cardinal realms being what lies beyond the disc.

Entropy: As you go further in this realm, reality starts to warp itself until it ceases to exist.
Aether: Shattered fragments floating perfectly still on nothing. If you go further enough you start returning to the starting point.
Time: The world starts to shatter here, turning into a huge sandstorm. As you go further, time starts to move slower until it stops flowing at all.
Gravity: Small planetoids keep in a never changing movement. No matter how far you are in this realm, you always get pulled back to one of these planets.

Inside the disc the other elemental realms follow the features of the world

Life: A huge jungle
Light: Plains where huge crystals rise to the skies
Death: A wasteland, where the elementals bury their dead
Darkness: Swamps and marshlands where light is always very dim
Water: A lake with islands
Earth: A mountain chain
Fire: Volcanos and fiery pits
Air: Plains where floating islands can be found, connected to each other by bridges

Potatotal island is what holds the disc in place and you would go from to the other by a portal
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 12:40:16 pm by timpa »