oEtG Forum

Optimizing your card buying strategies - ideas

teffy · 3 · 3673

teffy

Hello,
I asked myself: "What is the best card buying strategy, if you want to get 6 upgraded copies of each card as efficient as possible": Here are my ideas:

1. There is no randomness involved, to get nymphs in card packs. If you want nymph X, you can simply buy one.
If you want to get extra nymphs in Collosseum, don`t buy too many extra nymphs, or you "waste" the random nymphs.
(You get one random nymph, if you win all Collosseum levels. You always get the nymph color you want in bazaar)

2. The game has actually 12 shards, 42 rares, 113 uncommons and 134 uncommons (pillars and pendulums excluded). That means ~2,7 uncommons per rare card and ~3,19 commons per rare card. You get 4 commons, 3 uncommons, 1 rare card and 1 shard in a shard pack. 3 commons, 4 uncommons, 1 rare in a rare pack.
That means, that even if you only buy shard/rare packs - commons and uncommons are overrepresented in these packs, so there`s almost no need to buy silver packs and bronze packs except to boost your deck building possibilities fast. Buy shard packs (Platinum) first, then rare packs.

Rares are underrepresented in shard packs, so buy shard packs (Platinum) first. On the long run, you need them anyway to complete your collection.

3. Rare cards are not equally distributed over all elements (Death has 2, Time has 5). Uncommons and commons have a better distribution. Elements do not have the same number of cards. Buy rainbow packs. Also remember: You can`t buy packs with the color "Other".

4. New cards will be underrepresented in your card pool. So buy the "recently released packs", to get needed copies until you have an average number of copies of the new cards.

5. You can use colored card packs and trading to solve the "collector`s problem" - to get the last copies of desired card X.
Who wants to waste many rainbow platinum packs to get the rare cards of the last few colors ? In an late game stage, colored packs may become useful.

6. Strategies could be slightly adjusted, because card packs have a chance to give "higher tier" cards.

What are your ideas?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 10:34:45 pm by teffy »

Fippe94

• Administrator
I see you have it in your last point, but for clarity: Each card has a (45/packSize) % chance to be of one step higher rarity. (This does not apply to nymphs of course).

serprex

• Global Moderator
Sounds about right. Long term I'd like to see the ratios become heavier for uncommon/common