oEtG Forum

Now Hiring: Story Writer

Fippe94 · 11 · 11837

Fippe94

• Administrator
Currently hiring some story writer to work on a main story for Adventure mode.

Aside from making a main story, other tasks include balancing the adventure mode and coming up with some background story for the world.

Will hire between 2-4 writers probably, depending on how many sign up. Note that even if you do not get hired as a story writer, everyone will of course be free to give suggestions and ideas.

If you have more questions about Adventure mode, post them here or in that topic. Note that for obvious reason, everything is not decided yet about it.
To apply, simply sent a PM with your application to me.

Time left: No time left
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 06:45:05 pm by Fippe94 »

daemon2470

• Y había un hombre con dos pájaros en la cabeza.
I dont have too much time but could give some ideas, if that helps, im in
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 08:31:19 pm by daemon2470 »
Era, pues, el otro.

Fippe94

• Administrator
Countdown added to OP. Get your app in if you haven't already!

Chapuz

Eeeeee applying :)
I'm not native but I will do my best

Fippe94

• Administrator
If you are going to apply, then send me a PM with your application as it says in the opening post, otherwise I don't know if you are applying or just saying "hmm this looks interesting".

Fippe94

• Administrator
Congratulations to our new Story Writers: Shinki12345, Chapuz and timpa!

OdinVanguard

• ... Oxidants happen...
Every story needs a beginning, so here is my suggestion for lore regarding the origination of the elements world:

"At the root of all things was the nous. It was before all was. It is with all that is. It will be after all is not. And time itself stretched out at the will of the nous and the aether extended at its call. And the nous ordained the spirit, delineating light from dark, and life from death.
 About these were wrapped the material elements, the fire that burns, water that flows, the solid ground and capricious sky. And within these does the spirit dance, and it is within the cardinal elements, the time that beats, the aether that stretches, that the dance is measured. And thus there was the dance. And thus began the dance, the first state, the primal era.
 And from the interplay of light and dark, life and death the elements began their dance. Their ebb and flow marked in time, their step and stance ensconced in the aether. And their leaps bounds are drawn closer by the primal gravitation yet kept distinct by entropy’s grace.
 Thus did the elements dance in the first state. And then the nous declared, let the dance by known. And in the dance came an echo and by the will of the nous the dancers took their shape and dancers did know the dance. And to each element was given an echo, and in each echo was the resonance, the image of the nous. And thus began the second age. The age of the primal, first of the elementals. And these primals sired their decendants, the ancestors to the false gods, fore fathers to the demigods, heralds of the current age."

Shinki12345

Every story needs a beginning, so here is my suggestion for lore regarding the origination of the elements world:

"At the root of all things was the nous. It was before all was. It is with all that is. It will be after all is not. And time itself stretched out at the will of the nous and the aether extended at its call. And the nous ordained the spirit, delineating light from dark, and life from death.
 About these were wrapped the material elements, the fire that burns, water that flows, the solid ground and capricious sky. And within these does the spirit dance, and it is within the cardinal elements, the time that beats, the aether that stretches, that the dance is measured. And thus there was the dance. And thus began the dance, the first state, the primal era.
 And from the interplay of light and dark, life and death the elements began their dance. Their ebb and flow marked in time, their step and stance ensconced in the aether. And their leaps bounds are drawn closer by the primal gravitation yet kept distinct by entropy’s grace.
 Thus did the elements dance in the first state. And then the nous declared, let the dance by known. And in the dance came an echo and by the will of the nous the dancers took their shape and dancers did know the dance. And to each element was given an echo, and in each echo was the resonance, the image of the nous. And thus began the second age. The age of the primal, first of the elementals. And these primals sired their decendants, the ancestors to the false gods, fore fathers to the demigods, heralds of the current age."

We actually already have one, but I just wanted to say that I love the language you used in this. Very thick with flavorful vocabulary

OdinVanguard

• ... Oxidants happen...
Thanks. I was trying to mimic the intro in Tolkein's "The Silmarilian". Its one of my favorite origin / creation stories.