oEtG Forum

Nerf Give (previously '"Give" bug')

Zaranir

Give should not fill opponent's hand with my card in hand, while Sanct in play on his side.

serprex

• Global Moderator
Give ignores sanctuary. You're giving them something, how nice, no need for protection. Clearer card text would be good tho yes

Zaranir

Ohh, thanks for clarification.

Just thought because in that way I could fill the opp. hand with a pillar, denying the next draw if the opp. has 7 card in hand.

Chapuz

If someone uses Give, it's because of something, NOT because you are helping the opponent. i.e. GiveSingu or what Zaranir said.
Sanctuary should protect you from Give. My hand has to be protected if my opponent has a Nightmare + Give + expensive shit to denial my draws.

serprex

• Global Moderator
Are we saying Give OP? This is suggesting a nerf. This should be discussed in Cards then, not bugs. Sanct bypass is intended behavior, that intention may be misguided

OdinVanguard

• ... Oxidants happen...
Quite honestly I do not think give is in any way shape or form OP at the moment.
If anything its pretty severly UP or at the very least, extremely situational.

Do we really want to nerf it any further?

It seems to be an exception right now, and I don't really see any way to severely abuse that (now that give singu is more tricky to pull off at least).

The best course of action is to put something like "ignores sanctuary" or something like that so it is clear.

I think this is perhaps one of the few cases where bypassing sanctuary isn't going to be that OP.

Now, when and if there are cards added to the game that can cause damage just by sitting in a player's hand, then ya, maybe the exception should be removed. Until then, doing this is kind of pointless and just makes an under used card even more worthless.

serprex

• Global Moderator
Updated card text with "Ignores sanctuary, may target immaterial"
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 03:52:30 am by serprex »

OdinVanguard

• ... Oxidants happen...
If someone uses Give, it's because of something, NOT because you are helping the opponent. i.e. GiveSingu or what Zaranir said.
Sanctuary should protect you from Give. My hand has to be protected if my opponent has a Nightmare + Give + expensive shit to denial my draws.
I don't see any issue with the potential draw denial in this case. The reason is that using give as draw denial provides no true benefit in terms of card advantage.
To do this, you are effectively expending 2 draws worth of cards to prevent your opponent from getting 1 draw worth of cards. Even in the case of getting rid of an unwanted card from your own hand, there are much stronger options (like scattering wind or whim).
While it does give a little synnergy with nightmare, there is really little extra benefit, most definitely not enough to call give OP.