oEtG Forum

Buff Metamorphosis

Zaranir

Not a big thing, but it would be nice if Meta could target the Mark itself. Of course it would not change it, just increments Mark's power.

You could increment your opponent's Mark as well, but I don't see any reasoning behind it.

It would be a big buff (like, it will be an indestructible pillar in itself), but you lose 1 quanta with it (directly in unupped and indirectly in upped) and you could use up to 6.

It would help to make a trio with 2 types of pillar and Meta-ing Mark.

How about it?

timpa

• New to Elements
the main problem I see with metamorphosis is that it pales in comparison to quantum locket, that is much more flexible as a quanta source.
:chroma :gravity :time

serprex

• Global Moderator
You can achieve this by targeting a player with metamorphosis

It doesn't really help trios to use 6 metamorphosis with the goal of self targeting, since you could run 6 pillars matching mark too

Metamorphosis would be more useful if we had more mark interaction besides pends

Zaranir

quote author=timpa link=topic=564.msg2908#msg2908 date=1431144821]
the main problem I see with metamorphosis is that it pales in comparison to quantum locket, that is much more flexible as a quanta source.
[/quote]

Sadly, yes, but you can't fight against the nearly optimal quanta distributing effect (except with a nerf, but I find locket a very useful card).

You can achieve this by targeting a player with metamorphosis

And really, missed somehow.

It doesn't really help trios to use 6 metamorphosis with the goal of self targeting, since you could run 6 pillars matching mark too

Metamorphosis would be more useful if we had more mark interaction besides pends

Hmm...

Dawn to Dusk

• The Original Materialist
totally not a hint

Chapuz

totally not a hint
That Metamorphosis would be more useful if there were a lot of cards that use your mark for something.

Example: Shard bonuses in Vanilla.

OdinVanguard

• ... Oxidants happen...
totally not a hint
That Metamorphosis would be more useful if there were a lot of cards that use your mark for something.

Example: Shard bonuses in Vanilla.
^

So something like the Lab Golem idea

Or maybe something like the Soul Forge idea I just posted
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 05:59:05 pm by OdinVanguard »

Zaranir

What if using Meta on Material-Cardinal-Spiritual pillars make your Mark act like Material-Cardinal-Spiritual?

OdinVanguard

• ... Oxidants happen...
What if using Meta on Material-Cardinal-Spiritual pillars make your Mark act like Material-Cardinal-Spiritual?
^I asked that one myself. It got nixed :(