oEtG Forum

Soul Forge

OdinVanguard

• ... Oxidants happen...
--Optional--

-------------

Unupgraded Soul Forge / Soul Forge
Cost: 5 (Mark) / 5 (Mark)
Stats (if creature or weapon): -NA- (spell)
Ability(ies):
  • unupgraded: "Add a weapon of your mark's element to your hand. Your current weapon will be flown when replaced. Draw a card."
  • upgraded: "Add a weapon of your mark's element to your hand. Your current weapon will be flown when replaced. Draw a card."

Adds a weapon to your hand based on your current mark and places a buff on your equipped weapon (if present) that will cause it to become a flying weapon instead of being discarded when it gets replaced.... then draw a card.

In the case of a :chroma mark, the weapon will be a random type Other weapon (sword, wand, etc.)
The cost will then be 5 random quanta. This is balanced by the fact that type other weapons are generally less powerful than elemental weapons so it should work well.

The upgraded card gives an upgraded weapon.

It is quite expensive, partly because I want it to wrap several useful and related effects into a single card so it can be a good addition to almost any deck. I'm not fully sure on how expensive it should actually be for what it does, however, so I aimed a bit high.

Chapuz

Yay for 12-titan Catatitans!

I like this card, it gives a good use to Metamorphosis

OdinVanguard

• ... Oxidants happen...
Thanks! More metamorphosis uses was one of the goals

dworthy

I don't get how the "current weapon will be flown when replaced" works. You could make it so that the weapon automatically goes to the weapon slot and a weapon currently there will be flown. I just don't see how the current effect would work.

OdinVanguard

• ... Oxidants happen...
I don't get how the "current weapon will be flown when replaced" works. You could make it so that the weapon automatically goes to the weapon slot and a weapon currently there will be flown. I just don't see how the current effect would work.
basically if you already have a weapon equipped then it will become a flying weapon when you play a new weapon. Normally that would just replace it.