oEtG Forum

Vision mirror

Zaranir

-------------

Vision mirror / Vision mirror
Cost: 2 :chroma / 3  :entropy
Abilities:
  • unupgraded: Shows top card of your deck. Chance to miss. :darkness: Discards top card of your deck."
  • upgraded: Shows top card of opponent's deck. Chance to miss. :darkness :darkness: Discards top card of opponent's deck.

Description / clarification

The chance is 15% to show wrong card.

Show = Vision's image is the image of the top card of the respective player (depending on if upped or unupped).

Wanted to be Other, but will be too OP :D
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 10:46:37 pm by Zaranir »

serprex

• Global Moderator
Unupped can get by costing 1 or being mono, upped may want active cost of 2. Otherwise seems solid

OdinVanguard

• ... Oxidants happen...
I think the unupped may be safe as a type other card. Not the upped version though.
Milling ones own deck for a better card is a lot less potent than milling the opponent's deck to get rid of potential threats. Especially since you can see what you are getting rid of.

I also agree that upped should probably have a slightly higher activation cost.

... Why entropy instead of time or aether though?

Zaranir

Modified by the suggestions, combined by Odin's suggestion to let the unupped other(ish) with serp's to make it's cost less. Not definitely less, only in non-mono.

... Why entropy instead of time or aether though?

Thematically, I wanted it to be a bit chaotic, no clear visions. And in ancient myths and legends insane people (if it was not dangerous for the mayority), had respect in some place, because they believen that their mind was more 'open' to things like this. Similar case, when drugs were used to make visions, trying to predict the future.

Technically, I wanted a but unreliable, but cheap card. :time has very direct synergy (Rewind, Eternity and massive draw power) and  :darkness mark fits near it very well (as Ghostmare). Same with  :aether with Mindgate and Psyche metal (like, player can't shuffle it's hand, so the drawn cards can be followed). And kinda helps Silencing as well.

Personally,  after Dream catcher, :aether has too much fancy stuff :D

OdinVanguard

• ... Oxidants happen...
Hmmm. Makes sense. I was mainly thinking of :time because it has precognition so it fits thematically with that.

The most potent synnergy is probably going to be GoTP though. Since this effect "discards" the card, that should trigger GoTP's damage effect. Making a very potent lockdown tactice if used with eternity, and nightmare.

I almost want to say that the upped could use a small cost bump. With a few of these in play you will mill your opponent's deck at very rapid rate. Plus you get to see what is coming next in their deck, even if it is a little off sometimes.
Basically, I just want to make sure it isn't to easy to splash the upgraded version of this card into every deck since it has pretty strong offensive capabilities.

The unupped seems good though. While it lets you get at the cards you want faster, you end up milling yourself to death doing it. So, I think thats a pretty perfect balance in and of itself.

Don't forget to post it to the voting submission thread once you feel it is ready.

Zaranir

I almost want to say that the upped could use a small cost bump. With a few of these in play you will mill your opponent's deck at very rapid rate. Plus you get to see what is coming next in their deck, even if it is a little off sometimes.
Basically, I just want to make sure it isn't to easy to splash the upgraded version of this card into every deck since it has pretty strong offensive capabilities.

I thought about it a lot, really. First I was against it, because if there's a problem with the milling part, then I don't see the point of nerfing the whole card. Second,  :darkness  :darkness :darkness as a cost would be unreasonably high cost and the cost of the cards kinda 'builds in' the cost of the ability (or at least makes it slower to build up).

And now, I doubt a little that it's still works well as an information source (without using the ability). Reducing the mispredict part would make it needless (like, it does not really count if it's miss every 10. card or something). But this is a little thing, so I think it's ready for voting.

OdinVanguard

• ... Oxidants happen...
. Second,  :darkness  :darkness :darkness as a cost would be unreasonably high cost and the cost of the cards kinda 'builds in' the cost of the ability (or at least makes it slower to build up).

When I said cost I was talking about the cost to cast the card. I always use "cost" when I mean card cost and "skill cost" when I mean cost to use ability... but you are right, 3 :darkness would indeed be a bit high, especially considering there is a weapon that will let you actually steal the card from their deck for the same skill cost.

What I meant was that the cast cost should be raised for the upgraded card so that it isn't too easy to splash it into random decks. The :darkness cast cost definitely helps with that, but 2 :entropy is still a little on the low side for cost. Probably not horribly, but a little...
But then again I apparently tend to overvalue milling effects I guess.

Zaranir

The disadvantage of late night messages. Yes, I meant the skill cost in that line.

Notice that it was changed to 3 :entropy. If it's still seems to be low, I would prefer giving more inaccuracy than higher cost.

OdinVanguard

• ... Oxidants happen...
3 should be good I think. At least to start. It can always be buffed / nerfed later.