oEtG Forum

Event 3: Voting

Poll

Which card is your favorite? (Please post in the thread what you voted for)

Reaper of Tomorrow
7 (63.6%)
Poison the Well
3 (27.3%)
Velocity
1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: July 04, 2015, 08:43:41 pm

Shinki12345

When you vote, please be sure to post in this thread which card you voted for. Also, no collaberating between guild members on which card to choose, it must be based on your own opinion or else its not fair. Oh yeah, and just as a reminder, you can't vote for your own guilds card.

NAME:
Poisoning the Well
ELEMENT:
Water
COST:
3 :water
TYPE:
Spell
TEXT:
Poison all player's creatures. Gain 2 max HP per poison. A creature dying of this poison destroys a permanent.
NAME:
Poisoning the Well
ELEMENT:
Water
COST:
3 :water
TYPE:
Spell
TEXT:
Poison all player's creatures. Gain 4 max HP per poison. A creature dying of this poison destroys a permanent.

ART:

IDEA:
serprex
NOTES:
Synergies:
:life Life :life
  • This is good with Life as the cheap cost of life cards makes it a good source of creatures for its max HP effect.
:light Light :light
  • Miracle and Shard of Divinity combined with this card would make you nearly impossible to kill.
:death Death :death
  • This card is a source of death effects for things like Bone Wall.
:darkness Darkness :darkness
  • The PC part of this card could target your own permanents, allowing Looters' ability to process, so either way, you opponent loses a permanent.
:gravity gravity :gravity
  • Gravy has two cards that benefits from this card's PC: Graviton Salvagers and Debris Barricade. You can grwo defense and offense at the same time with this card.
:aether Aether :aether
  • Again, salvagers benefit from this card.
SERIES:

I wanted to wait D2D or the guild leader (D2D), or anyone else (like, D2D, no, JK, but I'm the newbie, so hadn't thought what to do :D ) to post the idea, but damn... 2 day passed. So I'm suggesting it here too.

NAME:
Velocity
ELEMENT:
Gravity
COST:
2 :gravity
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:

TEXT:
If a creature's attack or largeness raises, either gains momentum status for a turn.
Lasts 2 turn.
NAME:
Velocity
ELEMENT:
Gravity
COST:
1 :gravity
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:

TEXT:
If a creature's attack or largeness raises, either gains momentum status for a turn.
Lasts 2 turn.

ART:
-
IDEA:
D2D
NOTES:
Synergy stuff:

:aether: Byt! And Shard of Wisdom, but it's lame.

:air: Wyrm, Sky blitz, Jet Stream

:darkness: Playing Eclipse after playing that card. It's not much tho.

:death: Shtriga, Vultures.

:earth: Plate Armor, Orochi and if played before Lodestone.

:entropy: Chaos power, Osmosis, Lyca and a hella expensive tactic with 2-4-6 Entropy nymphs.

:fire: Fire Spirit, Lava Golem and anything that survives a rage potion.

:gravity: Otyugh, Shard of Focus, Acceleration, Graviton Fire Eater, Graviton Salvager, Blobs!!

:life, Mitosis, Forest spirit.

:light: Blessing, Guardian Angel, Martyr, Surgeon, Holy light (Dis iz 2 OP with that), Null mantis, Crusader.

:time: Scarab's effect, Pharaoh's Scarab generate, Clockwork golem.

:water: Steam machine and Waterfall, Bubble shield. Purify is questionable.

:chroma: Of course nothing, why are you even ask?
SERIES:

NAME:
Reaper of  Tomorrow
ELEMENT:
Death
COST:
6 :death
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
5 | 2
TEXT:
Whenever this card leaves your hand, both players skip their next draw phase.  Also procs on the opponent turn.
NAME:
Reaper of  Tomorrow
ELEMENT:
Death
COST:
6 :death
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
7 | 2
TEXT:
Whenever this card leaves your hand, both players skip their next draw phase.  Also procs on the opponent turn.

ART:
timpa
IDEA:
Shinki
NOTES:
"leaves hand" means whenever the card is played, discarded or destroyed either by you or by the opponent. Any sanctuary in play negates the card effects entirely (this is to prevent an anti-synergy with using this and sanctuary effects, the added cost you get for the stats for an effect that won't proc is punishment enough)

Synergies:
in-element: unsummon, eternity, Rewind, Fractal (spam the creature. fractal can also ease the discard. Eternity/RT get more efficient at denying if you have draw power or they can be used against the opponents creatures to deny 2 draws and remove a creature from play for one turn), Innovation (discard at will), Hourglass (allows to bypass the drawback consistently even if you are spamming it with eternity for example)

off-element: Nightmare (force the opponent to either give up hand space or discard this), Burn Card (discard at will). Sillier combos that can be made together with nightmare are yoink and clepsidra
SERIES:
cardinal rules

CREATOR'S COMMENTS:

Quote from: Shinki
The card might be a little op, but its in death so that mitigates it quite a bit. You are required to play death to play it, and really invest in it due to the cost. Death by its nature is not a controlling style of gameplay, so the card definitely requires synergy with cards outside of its element.

Another thing thats nice is that this card fits in PERFECT with one of deaths themes that already exist. There is another card that already exists that has the same "Skip draw phase" and "Discard effect" themes, so creating this would make way for more cards similar to it for death, which would be neat imo.

serprex

• Global Moderator
RoT.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Both the other cards are UP, but RoT is closer to what it'd end up being (either buff stats or improve effect to be less symmetrical). Velocity would be meh even if the perm lasted forever & the momentum effect lasted forever. Shield bypass is something the game doesn't really need more of, especially from gravity. PS waterfall doesn't synergize with velocity

Shinki Edit: I added the explaination in spoiler to avoid having peoples minds be changed. Considering your serprex, the guy who ACTUALLY adds the cards, your opinion can potentially change what people thing about the card, and I was hoping to leave it entirely up to personal decision. (Don't read spoiler until after voting)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 05:23:02 pm by Shinki12345 »

elenchus

Poisoning the Well could be interesting, but it's a mishmash of a lot of mechanics that don't fit well at all thematically. Most notably, random massive disruption definitely isn't Water's thing.

(Shinki Edit: Assuming that you voted for RoT since there is only 1 other vote that isn't for RoT and that was mine. Just adding this so we know what one you voted for.)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 05:08:35 pm by Shinki12345 »

Shinki12345

Fippe94

• Administrator
Are non-guild-members allowed to vote?
Why is there both a voting, AND we have to say what we voted on in the thread? Why not one or the otehr?
Why isn't the guild voting hidden in their boards, just like is done with Brawl? Sure, you might trust people, but if the voting is very close it's easy to just pick the choice that leads to your win, even if we make that choice unconciously.

Shinki12345

Are non-guild-members allowed to vote?
Why is there both a voting, AND we have to say what we voted on in the thread? Why not one or the otehr?
Why isn't the guild voting hidden in their boards, just like is done with Brawl? Sure, you might trust people, but if the voting is very close it's easy to just pick the choice that leads to your win, even if we make that choice unconciously.

Yes, non guild members are absolutely allowed to vote. The reason I have people say what they voted for is to avoid them voting for their own guild. If the numbers don't add up, we do a recount with PMing instead of public poll. The poll is there so people can see how well their cards are doing.

We never thought of guild voting being in secret boards, mostly because I think the GO's(or at least this is how I feel) wanted non-guild members to participate in the voting. Lastly, we have 3 GO's all in different guilds, so we would probably put that sort of thing to voting.

smashduke

Voted!

Spoiler for Hidden:

ROT - fits thematically and is a nice card to give  :death some control.

edit:  Hmmm. I guess spoilers don't work here... but there are so many other cool effects!

Shinki Edit: Fixed.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 07:26:37 am by Shinki12345 »

Lost in Nowhere

• [Insert witty comment]
Between Poisoning the Well and Velocity...
Poisoning the Well just seems to be a mish-mash of several unrelated ideas.
Velocity, while appearing very underwhelming in its current state (particularly the time limit), could be improved without changing the core mechanics of the card. Although it is fairly redundant.
So, my vote goes to Velocity.

OdinVanguard

• ... Oxidants happen...
I'm a little torn between reaper and poisoning the well...

There are still relatively few mill cards in the game, so RotP loses some if its potential as an anti hand mill threat. Its stats aren't really good enough to make it stand out in that manner either. The only really useful combo I can think of is in a light-time-death draw lock style deck.

I think poisoning the well would make a nice combo with voodoo dolls and black cats + looters...  That last one may end up OP hence why the decision was such a hard one here.

RotP is a little UP but PtW may be slightly OP... Decisions, decisions.

kirbylover314

• The Meta of Christmas Past
I voted for reaper. Synergizes quite well with other death cards, especially Ouija. On the other hand, Velocity seems too UP. Even if both the effect it gives and the card itself stayed permanent, it still seems rather meh.

Fippe94

• Administrator
Velocity seems very weak, while reaper seems interesting. It gets my vote.

Rant to Organizers: Having a poll where you can see results while voting is really bad if you want truly unbiased voting. Next time I advice you to follow Brawl system: Each guild votes in their secret board, outsiders votes openly here. The GOs count the otes when time is up. No actual polls, just posts saying what you voted and why. While I realize you trust people, which is good, the current system is very easy to exploit, which does not seem very professional.

Shinki12345

Velocity seems very weak, while reaper seems interesting. It gets my vote.

Rant to Organizers: Having a poll where you can see results while voting is really bad if you want truly unbiased voting. Next time I advice you to follow Brawl system: Each guild votes in their secret board, outsiders votes openly here. The GOs count the otes when time is up. No actual polls, just posts saying what you voted and why. While I realize you trust people, which is good, the current system is very easy to exploit, which does not seem very professional.

Thank you for the constructive criticism fippe, we will remember to do that next time. Keep in mind, voters cant see the poll until after they vote, and they can't changet their vote either.

smashduke

Voted!

Spoiler for Hidden:

Thanks Shinki - I'm looking at the code and it looks the same... what did I do incorrectly?

Shinki12345

Voted!

Spoiler for Hidden:

Thanks Shinki - I'm looking at the code and it looks the same... what did I do incorrectly?

You typed "spolier" instead of "spoiler." Kind of hard to notice, I didn't realize it at first either.

timpa

• New to Elements
velocity: as many have already said it's UP as it is. I'd make the duration permanent (that is, just add a loboable mommentum ability to the creature). You guys also missed SoPa as a synergy (where it could very well steal chimera's spot as a finisher with the right timing). Not a card gravity needs though.

well: the theme is pretty weird imo specially the PC part. This looks like it would only fit in a stall or in a voodoo deck. I don't like that it does plague and SoD's work at the same time (and depending on the deck beating them at their own game). The PC will probably blow up a bunch of pillars. The fact that you can screw your own quanta is the only redeeming thing imo. Then again, if you are playing a stall and already killed most of the opponents creatures then you don't care about that.

Since it looks poisoning the well doesn't heal I'm voting for it.
:chroma :gravity :time