ELEMENT:
Gravity
COST:
7 :gravity
TYPE:
Spell
ATK|HP:

TEXT:
Destroy 3 pillars you control, target creature is removed from the field. Return this card to your hand.
NAME:
Satellite Cannon
ELEMENT:
Gravity
COST:
6 :gravity
TYPE:
Spell
ATK|HP:

TEXT:
Destroy 2 pillars you control, target creature is removed from the field. Return this card to your hand.

ART:
Place holder art, do not use this art in the game(its not legal).
IDEA:
Shinki12345
NOTES:
(Note: remove from the field basically means that it dies but doesn't trigger death effects. So Bonewall for example doesn't get a stack, and pheonix doesn't turn to ashes. Essentially obliterating them from existence.)
Essentially, this card is meant to be like a giant satellite cannon that your opponent can't stop unless they use mantis. Re-usable spells is an idea that has yet to be explored and I think it seems cool.

As far as power level goes, I think its good but fair. It has a hefty cost and can't be used in very many decks, but it could be very powerful in the right setting and will encourage more use of gravity in duo decks. Additionally, getting more than 1 sattelite cannon is like a dead draw since you only need one, which reduces the amount you will generally want in a deck. I think its for powerful, but definitely balanced.

I think this will really make way for new kinds of duos that will be very interesting to see in a pvp setting.
SERIES:
Hidden/Secret
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 09:50:25 am by Shinki12345 »

OdinVanguard

• ... Oxidants happen...
Art (can make smaller if needed):

I've been playing with reusable spell ideas a lot myself.
The pillar destruction part you added is a nice way to prevent spam abuse. Well done.

Shinki12345

Art (can make smaller if needed):

I've been playing with reusable spell ideas a lot myself.
The pillar destruction part you added is a nice way to prevent spam abuse. Well done.

Thank you odin! Very flattering coming from such an avid card curator. Do you feel the effect is balance? The card itself works well from a design standpoint and fits into gravities themes perfectly(destroying permanents for fuel, machines, etc.).

Shinki12345

Made a small edit to the notes, read the parenthasese at the top of the notes section to explain exactly what it means to be "removed from the field."

timpa

• New to Elements

OdinVanguard

• ... Oxidants happen...
cannon/resonator stall ftw :P
^ Was thinking the same thing.

I don't think that will be too easily abusable, however, since this thing takes 3 resonators to keep fed (2 upped)...
It would make a very nice way to remove late game permanent clutter with resonators though. Which is something gravity could benefit from given how much space its locket inertia combo takes up.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 01:13:51 pm by OdinVanguard »

timpa

• New to Elements

Zaranir

What happens if there's no pillar you own? Like, cannot played, does not instakills, but goes back in hand, neither insta or going back?

I'm envy for Grav for this stuff tho :P

serprex

• Global Moderator
Resonator combo would be easy to setup. You run pillars, not lockets, because those help get resonator out & feed the cannon

That said, the cost of 5 is what I assume a stand alone "Destroy target creature" spell should cost. So the question is whether 3/2 pillars are worth redrawing this spell. I'm inclined to agree. Don't think there's a CC shortage to call for this atm

Shinki12345

Resonator combo would be easy to setup. You run pillars, not lockets, because those help get resonator out & feed the cannon

That said, the cost of 5 is what I assume a stand alone "Destroy target creature" spell should cost. So the question is whether 3/2 pillars are worth redrawing this spell. I'm inclined to agree. Don't think there's a CC shortage to call for this atm

I see a huge difference between CC cards and renewable CC cards. Now, if this card said "Destroy target creature, lose 2 pillars" and thats it, I would be inclined to agree. But having access to renewable CC in an element is often what helps an element stand out and be usable in a variety of decks. Air and owls eye is a good example of this, as is Water and Artic Squid. I could think of a million deck combos I could make with this card being a key piece in them, and adding variety to the pvp metagame is always a good thing.

Essentially what I'm saying is, even if there is no shortage of CC cards, this isn't JUST a CC card; ts an engine that makes way for tons of new strategies, so I wouldn't scrap the idea so quickly.

OdinVanguard

• ... Oxidants happen...
One thing to consider here... how does this interact with ricochet?

Does the pillar destruction ricochet as well?

Would additional copies of this card get made?

Chapuz

What if it was a permanent? 4  :gravity cost, 3/2  :gravity ability cost "Destroy 3 random pillars you control. Deal 5 damage to target creature"

Shinki12345

What if it was a permanent? 4  :gravity cost, 3/2  :gravity ability cost "Destroy 3 random pillars you control. Deal 5 damage to target creature"

The whole concept of it is to be a repeatable kill spell that can't be easily delt with. It also gives a reason for cards like burn and yoink to exist.