oEtG Forum

Buff Mummy (only upped)

Zaranir

While in unupped Mummy is a sort of alternative to Flesh spider, in upped it's clearly overshadowed by the recluse. Same cost, same HP, marginal side effect, but it only attack 5, while the spider 6.

My suggestion is to give upped +1 HP.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 08:36:48 pm by serprex »

serprex

• Global Moderator
Unupped mummy isn't sort of an alternative to Flesh Spider; unupped mummy is good & spider is bad

Mummy already gets an extra bonus to -1 cost when upgraded: it transforms into an upgraded Pharaoh when targeted with RT

OdinVanguard

• ... Oxidants happen...
Its still overshadowed by upped flesh recluse.

Even with the reduced cost in place, spending the extra quanta and card on RT just to get the upped pharaoh isn't all that great. Especially since making use of devour on the scarabs it will produce will require gravity quanta or SoR... Just so many cards in that combo. Its better just to run upped with a grav mark and time towers, or use inertia and locket.

Zaranir

Unupped mummy isn't sort of an alternative to Flesh Spider; unupped mummy is good & spider is bad

Mummy already gets an extra bonus to -1 cost when upgraded: it transforms into an upgraded Pharaoh when targeted with RT

Spider has a bit lower atk/cost ratio, but easier to play (mostly counts when pillars are unupped), you get likelier 2 pillar+Mark than 3. I prefer spider, but not saying it's the ultimate answer.

I mentioned the Pharaoh effect in the marginal side effect. Like, if someone wants to play with Pharaoh... just needs play with Pharaoh, it's in-element with Rewind. And it's equal to the web ability of the spider.

serprex

• Global Moderator
You spend early turns on Poison, not Flesh Spider. With 12 pillars you'll most likely have 3 in opening hand

Zaranir

You spend early turns on Poison, not Flesh Spider. With 12 pillars you'll most likely have 3 in opening hand

I'm too lazy to count, so I'll believe it. Tho, the upped Mummy is clearly worse than the spider,if you have no reason against that statement.

Zaranir