OdinVanguard

• ... Oxidants happen...
--Optional--

-------------

Tourmaline Portal / Tourmaline Portal
Cost: 6 :life / 5 :life
Stats (if creature or weapon): -NA-
Ability(ies):
  • unupgraded: " :time :time :time :time : Draw 2 cards if either is non-creature, shuffle it to your deck, reready this ability, and gain 2 :time quanta."
  • upgraded: " :time :time :time : Draw 2 cards if either is non-creature, shuffle it to your deck, reready this ability, and gain 2 :time quanta."

See this thread: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/card-ideas-and-art/tourmaline-portal-tourmaline-portal/msg1198269/#new

serprex

• Global Moderator

timpa

• New to Elements
If I understood it right using the skill may:

A) Do nothing
B) Draw a creature for 2 :time
C) Draw 2 creatures for 4 :time

depending on RNG

+ deck shuffling

+ unless C happened you can use the skill again this turn (which I'm strongly against)
:chroma :gravity :time

OdinVanguard

• ... Oxidants happen...
If I understood it right using the skill may:

A) Do nothing
B) Draw a creature for 2 :time
C) Draw 2 creatures for 4 :time

depending on RNG

+ deck shuffling

+ unless C happened you can use the skill again this turn (which I'm strongly against)
That is correct.

It doesn't absolutely have to re-ready, although that is a mechanic I would like to make actually work in some way (conditional re-readying).

Why are you so strongly against re-readying? It is a mechanic I would like to make actually work in some way (conditional re-readying). It doesn't have to be on this card if people think it detracts too much, but I would like to find a way to make it actually balanced and useful at some point.

timpa

• New to Elements
I think it makes it too reliable for the effect. Unless you drew all your creatures already you'd always draw at least one creature (for 2 :time /creature). Plus, if you draw exactly one creature you get the creature and can use the permanent again. After thinking a bit, how about making the skill cost 2 :time, but attempting to draw only one creature and refunding 1 :time only. That way using the skill can have 2 outcomes:

* Drawing a creature for 2 :time
* Wasting 1 :time, but you get a new chance at drawing a creature.

Since it makes the card less efficient you could reduce the :life cost too. For the upgrade you could then improve the efficiency a bit by making the ability cost 1 :time, but with no refunds (so if you do draw a creature you only spend 1 :time)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 05:09:05 pm by timpa »
:chroma :gravity :time