oEtG Forum

Minor Features Wish List

cg · 71 · 48787

timpa

• New to Elements
[Graphical]
Make the last card from your hamd show the card's image entirely, so they look like... cards. Same for the cards in the bazaar, upgrades menu, etc

There's a huge space problem related to this for cards in hand (there's simply no place for putting the card image). This will also imo eat too much space in the other places suggested.
:chroma :gravity :time

Chapuz

cg

• Heckler
make the "afk" checkbox reset to unchecked every time you f5. the other two should continue to persist.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 02:40:45 am by cg »

kirbylover314

• The Meta of Christmas Past
make autoconvert toggable.

jesus, i accidentally clicked that so many times

timpa

• New to Elements

This sounds complicated because of how it works under the hood. Unless you want an option for the button to be there in the first place.
:chroma :gravity :time

cg

• Heckler

This sounds complicated because of how it works under the hood. Unless you want an option for the button to be there in the first place.

A way to solve the main problem with that button:

"Lock Deck" checkbox option for each saved deck in editor. When enabled, the deck code attached to the deck name cannot be changed until the box is unchecked (i.e. the save&exit button will function as the exit button, and changing to a different deck will not autosave).

In addition to the (valuable) function of preventing people from ruining their decks with their own misclicks, this is especially valuable when the client itself ruins decks due to cards being upgraded or unupgraded (such as with autoconvert). One of the biggest problems with client-ruined decks is that there is no way to prevent the deck being ruined once loaded (as there's no "switch decks without saving" option), so the minute you load your previously fully upped deck that is now 24 cards, there is no way to get back those other six cards. Or, if you, for example, had been keeping historical records of how your deck progressed over the course of the ARC, but you happened to upgrade some cards at some point during that process, all of your old historical decks suddenly would be missing a handful of cards.

Anyways, seems quite easy to implement to me and seems like it would provide a lot of benefits, not the least of which would be probably never hearing me complain about autoconvert ruining my accounts anymore.

If there's a different problem than just ruining saved decks all the time, autoconvert could be modified to require a specific string in the challenge box in order to function, similarly to how wipe account works.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 04:22:23 pm by cg »

cg

• Heckler
Writing down serp's idea from chat:

/speed or /seed command (or just modify /roll command) to automatically link to etg.dek.im/speed/(random seed)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 04:07:50 pm by serprex »

Chapuz

cg

• Heckler
What's the dufference between seed and roll?
Writing down serp's idea from chat:

/speed or /seed command (or just modify /roll command) to automatically link to etg.dek.im/speed/(random seed)

Chapuz

Arena:
- Replace the name of "Arena T20" button to "Leaderboards"
- Name the columns: Rank, Name, Points, Win/lose, Age, Card

cg

• Heckler
Add a new setting "Toggle Hand Numbering" that, when selected, causes numbers to appear next to the slots for cards in your hand. To facilitate playing cards from hand via hotkey easily.

tiben

Move the in-game tool-tips a bit away from the cursor;  we can't read the first letters as is.

Chapuz

"Turn the lights off" when displaying the in-game tutorial labels. It makes all look better. Also, make everything except the question mark button unclickable.

Chapuz

Lock the Login and Sandbox buttons until the loading screen is fully loaded. I think the game doesn't load well when you log in and the bat isn't full yet.

serprex

• Global Moderator
0342 Shinki12345 adding a tab in the editor that brings you right to upgrades
0342 serprex Makes sense
0342 Shinki12345 and vice versa
0342 serprex Editor is a bit crammed
0342 Shinki12345 Add it at the bottom right