8 (57.1%)
Round Robin
5 (35.7%)
Other, please comment
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Fippe94

• Administrator
I got a few suggestions to change format, so please vote and post here.

Whatever you vote, it would be nice to post why you think this, this makes it easier to decide what the best format could be.

Of course we could have different formats for different tourneys, but having a default format is the best I think.

Other questions that you can answer here:

Should the tourneys remain completely unupped, or should we add an upped limit (say, 6 upped cards allowed per deck)? Or do you want a fully upped tourney?
Should we try another "Official Forum"-style tournament, i.e. we decide a time and all battles happen directly, like the tourneys on forum are? (Last time we tried this we had only 2 participants, so it was cancelled)
Anything else?

iancudorinmarian

• Master of Ponies.Eternally salty about War#11 SEC.
I like it how it is now, it makes it more flexible.

Submachine

Fippe94

• Administrator
Single Elimination: Currently, "Normal" Tourney rules. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single-elimination_tournament http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single-elimination_tournament
Double Elimination: Loser of each match moves to the "loser bracket", losers from loser bracket are out. Winner from each bracket face in the final. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double-elimination_tournament
Round Robin: Everyone duels every other in turn. Most victories wins the tourney. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Round-robin_tournament

timpa

• New to Elements
Non round robin sounds the best to me. Double elimination sounds better than Single elimination to me, but it would take longer in the other hand.

So maybe it's best to leave the tourneys as they are.
:chroma :gravity :time

Root

I vote for double elimination. Single elimination is not enough games, and round robin is too many!

Fippe94

• Administrator
What do you all think about upped or semi-uppedness? Would having a rule like "6 Upgrade cards alwed" next tourney be good or bad? Want more ups? Or none at all?

Chapuz

6 ups is a good number, you can get the 6 you want pretty fast if you get trades

cg

• Heckler
Voted for round robin because a tie is more fun than a decisive victory,  but I'd be just as happy really with double elimination. Single elimination IMO is only a really good idea if a tournament has to be *quick* or there's a whole lot of participants and a defined tournament time. With asynchronous events, I don't see it as better than double elim basically ever.

WRT upgrades, 6 ups is a lot easier to get here than it is in vanilla, so I'd say that should be the majority of tournaments, with fully unupped or fully upped tournaments/events occurring as needed. Note that, unlike vanilla, trading being allowed means loaning cards is possible, so for people who it really is prohibitively expensive to use upgrades, they can borrow the cards they can't afford for tournament purposes from me or anyone else willing to loan.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 03:13:54 pm by cg »

OdinVanguard

• ... Oxidants happen...
I like double elimination myself. At least until we get up around 16 players.
Round robin is really only good for well under 8.

Fippe94

• Administrator
Since nymphs now have 100% element-chance from shop, the nymph code reward is pretty meaningless (i.e. it might just as well be 250 gold instead).
Suggestion: Replace this with shiny nymph codes. Good idea, bad idea? Just replace with 250 (or more) gold instead?

Also, increase all gold rewards higher still?

serprex

• Global Moderator

timpa

• New to Elements
The gold rewards look good. Shiny nymphs would be a cool idea. Just prevent them from being converted into regulars.
:chroma :gravity :time

kirbylover314

• The Meta of Christmas Past
The gold rewards look good. Shiny nymphs would be a cool idea. Just prevent them from being converted into regulars.

You can't convert them into non-shinys (shinies? either way, spellcheck disagrees), which I know because I tried.

As for the idea, it's good, as are the gold amounts.