oEtG Forum

Game broken?

timpa · 5 · 3038

timpa

• New to Elements
Came back to give a look at how this was going. Logged in fine, bought the new cards I missed from the bazar, all fine. Start playing some games to test things, the screen starts to flicker between 2 different game states when it is my opponent's turn, the only thing that is still functional is the resign button

Spoiler for screenshots:

This repeats for the next 3 games I try to play.

I decide to open the console, and there's a bunch of garbage there. To check what is actually related to the bug, I decide to reload everything and start from the beginning. Unfortunately this is the game's reaction to my attempts of login in again:

TypeError: false is not a function, https://etg.dek.im/etgify.js, 5, 8, TypeError: false is not a function

I'm still locked outside the game, so I can't give further feedback.
:chroma :gravity :time

serprex

• Global Moderator
This may be fixed; lot of code motion as of late

timpa

• New to Elements
I managed to login again but the game is still fairly unplayable.

Weirdly enough the only thing that shows up in my console are requests for images being cancelled (if I understood it correctly)

Instead of flickering between 2 game states now the game glitches and starts a new match. There are also graphical glitches with the card sizes.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 04:25:22 pm by timpa »

serprex

• Global Moderator
Graphics will look different since oetg is no longer using PIXI as a renderer. Pretty confused here why the game is restarting; now that we're using webpack oetg is even working in IE for me

timpa

• New to Elements
Tried something new today. The problem seems to be with ending your turn with the spacebar during the colosseum matches (the ones you are not asked if you want a rematch).

If I play these matches using spacebar, the game will glitch after the first match is over. From there, no matter what else you do in the game, the glitch "follows you".

If you avoid these matches, the game plays normally.

If I use the mouse for everything during the colosseum matches, the game plays without a hitch (managed to complete the colosseum matches without the bug showing up).

Maybe it is reading more than one key press for some weird reason (pressing resign and then the commoner button)? (not a problem with my keyboard as I tested in 4 different places with the same results)

I also noticed that in IE and firefox I get the flickering, while in chrome I get a new match.

I hadn't noticed this before, because the first thing I do is the colosseum, I always start with the commoners and using the spacebar is a habit already.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 01:36:44 pm by timpa »