oEtG Forum

decks with unowned cards

cg · 9 · 4106

cg

• Heckler
[8:45 AM] cg: starting a game doesnt appear to verify you own the cards in your deck
[8:48 AM] cg: though idk if its abusable cause you cant save a deck without having the cards
[8:48 AM] cg: i guess you could save a deck, sell it for another, save that, etc
[8:50 AM] cg: found by autoconvert unupping some stuff but the 29 card deck still being playable at 30 cards

serprex

• Global Moderator
That's not a bug, that's a feature

But we can fix it still

cg

• Heckler
Looks like it got fixed by making it destroy saved decks when you autoconvert

Hoping to fix it by just not letting you start a game with a deck you don't own, much like you can't start a game with a <30 card deck. Destroying saved decks is horrible and should never happen

edit: For clarity, I would much rather have people able to play with decks they don't own than destroy saved decks, if we are for some reason unable to switch over to a can't-start-a-game check like the too-small-deck check.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 04:26:00 pm by cg »

serprex

• Global Moderator
I haven't done anything to change this. More likely you saved the deck after autoconvert thus removing cards from deck

cg

• Heckler
See I was wondering if I just did that, but it did it to four decks at once. Apparently I'm able to fuck up the button press four separate times without noticing.

I am very talented.

Thanks for not bringing us back to "autoconvert is a trap".

It occurs to me that we might actually want a "full autoconvert" button that just ups everything and doesn't care about unupped. That's a much more common scenario at the moment (for me at least), though keeping the current functionality available for whenever we have pvp would be nice.

serprex

• Global Moderator
I think the ideal is for me to sit down & work out how to have autoconvert work in a way that doesn't involve downgrades. The code wasn't clean before, so it made it easier to simplify it as a "total it all up, spit it all out". Probably can keep the simplified logic & just have a part that tracks how many ups we want, going over & trying to upgrade back up to what we use to have as a phase 2 step

cg

• Heckler
Unless you're hoping to set up like a "how many upped copies do I want" slider or something, I see no value in changing how that works. Upgrades are free and fungible, so totaling everything up and splitting it out seems like a perfectly fine way to go about it. 99.99% of actual use cases will be "save 6 unupped and up everything else" and "up everything I can", both of which seem easiest to do by just totaling.

edit- it occurs to me that "total up everything and spit out as many upgrades as possible" is exactly the same thing as "upgrade everything without downgrading".

I think the two options I'm requesting boil down to "I play unupped pvp so save me an unupped pvp playset and otherwise upgrade everything" and "There's nobody to pvp with so upgrade everything". Hell, people who aren't TE yet can use the pve button to grind and then just hit the "I wanna pvp" button and get their unupped playset back for free.

The only use case I can think of that isn't covered by one of those two options is "I care more about unupped shinies than upped cards". If we ever meet someone like that, we can figure it out at the time. Maybe we need to add a third button for "I'm gonna play unupped pvp and want people to think I'm super rich even though I'm not".

fully support actually naming the buttons those long strings
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 09:21:37 pm by cg »

Chapuz

What about "Convert the cards that are NOT in the 10 decks I have loaded?"
Like, if I 12 unupped Skeletons but 2 are in a deck of mine, make 12 - 2 = 10 so no autoconvert.

Also in the Upgrade menu:
- When clicking on a card, quick check if that copy is needed for one of your decks (10 current loaded decks). If it is, make a warning label saying "You need this card for your DeckNameHere! Are you sure you want to sell or upgrade it? Click on this card again if you are.". This label only appears once per card per time you enter this menu. Example: My deck 3 named "MonoAir" has 6 Wyrms and I have 7 copies. When clicking for the 2nd time on the Wyrm to sell it, this label appears.
 - When clicking in the Upgrade or Sell button, remove the extra copies from the decks that have them. In the example of before, my deck will have 1 Wyrm less.