oEtG Forum

coliseum streak bonus

cg · 7 · 4098

cg

• Heckler
Coliseum is still hovering around "not actually better reward for the time spent than just playing AI", particularly if you end up failing either duel or if you get unlucky with champs. IIRC you need to complete all events successfully in about 8-10 minutes to match the ouei range of most grinding decks/targets, and if you fail DG you have to have finished everything in 3-4 min to break even.

Rather than just bumping rewards again, let's add a streak bonus for playing it X days in a row.

I'd say the streak bonus should kick in as soon as you complete any single event, so it's available to everyone and unmissable (assuming you play). Interface-wise, it can just work like the bonus nymph for completing all events.

As for actual rewards, what I would like most is if it were possible to do free packs that weren't account-bound. If that is too complicated for some reason, just the liquidated gold is fine (and might as well round it if we go that direction). Here's what I'm thinking:

First day: one bronze pack (or 15g)
Second day: one silver pack (or 25g)
Third day: one bronze pack plus one silver pack (or 40g)
Fourth day: two silver packs (or 50g)
Fifth day: one gold pack (or 75g)
Sixth day: one gold pack plus one silver pack (or 100g)
Seventh day: one platinum pack plus one silver pack (or 125g)
Eighth day: one platinum pack plus one gold pack (or 175g)
Ninth day: two platinum packs (or 200g)
Tenth day: one nymph pack (or 250g)

After day 10, reset to zero.

For reference, the ten-day bonus (nymph) is only 250g, which is a minute and a half of top tier grinding.
This isn't going to meaningfully affect the economy for people who grind a lot (me) but is going to be very helpful for people just starting out, and makes coliseum a lot more attractive over just loading up monodeath and smacking the a1.

edit: see next post for updated reward proposal
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 06:53:40 pm by cg »

cg

• Heckler
Let's say this is for simplicity, but it's at least partially because I realized giving away daily packs would completely wreck the no money challenge.

Updated proposed reward schedule:

Day 1: 25g
Day 2: 50g
Day 3: 75g
Day 4: 100g
Day 5: Random nymph (same as completing all events)
(then resets to day 1)

This is still an average boost of 100g/day, so still will be very helpful for people who don't grind a whole lot but won't really matter at all for people who do grind. Also encourages people to log on every day to keep the streak going.

Chapuz

I belong to the group that tasty rewards for new players keep them playing, so the idea of streaks it's a big YES for me.

The different levels of the colosseum are going to have different countings, right?
Like, if one day I complete the Novice Endurace but not the Expert Endurace, then I may eventually have a 4-streak on Novice and 3 on Expert.

The Novice Duel and Expert Duel can have slightly higher rewards, as streaks may be obtained by checking the forum for counters and that's a plus for activity.

cg

• Heckler
It's for participating in coliseum at all not per event. Bonus triggers upon completing first event of the day.

Chapuz

We already have a daily reward (random card). Probably it's the daily reward that may be changed to "logged in X days so here's your daily reward"?

cg

• Heckler
1) Why take away the daily card?

2) The card is the daily reward for logging in, the cash prize is a daily reward for winning at least one game. "Win streak" is also a concept we use elsewhere.

I'm comfortable forcing people to win one game vs mage or three games vs commoner to get their daily 100g-equivalent prize.

serprex

• Global Moderator
https://github.com/serprex/openEtG/commit/94f8f41b20cbe25332f85ce8d32e30617fd66d0b

Went with rewards matching tiers of packs: 15/25/77/100/250. Not opposed to implementing random nymph, but this was the most straightforward path to 90% of the ask