oEtG Forum

Shadow

serprex

• Global Moderator
A conversation came up where it was mentioned that Phase Salvager is Aether's scorpion. Considering an x|0 creature for Darkness. It'd be common (something Darkness could use)

Phase Salvager stats for 1 :darkness may suit
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 08:37:06 pm by serprex »

Zaranir

(Only the upped shown here, because the upped is way weaker, the unupped is 'just' weaker).

First: Yes, I know that Tall Shadow|Shadow main power is in the Nightfall-Eclipse synergy.

But it's not the main, it's the only usage as a card (and it's a nice token) and in Darkness deck, you'll have enough quanta.

The suggestion is to make it's cost to 1  :chroma, what does not affect the Nightfall combo and this card as a token.

Reasons:

It's really useless without the Nightfall, overshadowed by a free (or a negative cost) card (Spark|Ball lightning).

You can't really use with Soul catcher|Mitosis or any buff card without using Darkness quanta (and still will be overshadowed by Ball lightning or Spark).

Spark is still rarely used and Skeleton and Spark has got the 'cost reducton' as buff.

Yes it's still not helps much, but at least gives potential to try this card out in non-Darkness decks.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 08:41:43 pm by serprex »

Shinki12345

I like your suggestion on creating a fix for this card. I completely support buffing tall shadow.

kirbylover314

• The Meta of Christmas Past

OdinVanguard

• ... Oxidants happen...
I think shadow could use a small buff.

I think one fun use would be for it to be invisible during nightfall / eclipse.

Having it produce :darkness on death would be intersting too. You could maybe make it a chroma cost as well.
It makes an amusing thematic sense there. The player uses quanta to cast a living shadow that then turns into darkness quanta... Fits quite well.

Zaranir

I think one fun use would be for it to be invisible during nightfall / eclipse.

Interesting, reasonable, but would ruin the fractalling purposes (or at least will make it less powerful). Not sure if I would be for it or against it.

Having it produce :darkness on death would be intersting too. You could maybe make it a chroma cost as well.
It makes an amusing thematic sense there. The player uses quanta to cast a living shadow that then turns into darkness quanta... Fits quite well.

So the Jacko (Jack O'Lantern) will be a Darkness quanta generator. It will reduce the deck to a "duo".

And this will mean, according to Rustler that 1 :darkness worths 2  :life (of course, just kidding).