oEtG Forum

Arena participation rewards update

cg · 5 · 3292

cg

• Heckler
This entire post is talking about rewards for submitting decks, not for playing against arena

Current arena rewards are literally a fraction of a second of grinding time.

Recommended updates:
(1) Add reward of 25g for submitting a new deck (before any plays occur), only for first deck submitted per day. (new bonus)

(2) If the deck is replacing a deck that is >=8 days old (i.e. at min hp), instead reward 300g. This encourages letting decks having their entire lifespan rather than resubmitting every day for the 25g, but the bonus is only 100g so you aren't really forced to leave the deck there if it isn't performing. (new bonus)

(3) Change per-play rewards to 5g for each loss and 15g for each win (up from 1 and 3).

Exact numbers may need revised in the future depending on what happens with activity.

Chapuz

I like the idea, a little gold per day can be significant enough for new players to enter daily, and also keeps the arenas fresh. Neat.

Exact numbers may need revised in the future depending on what happens with activity.
Good for me!

serprex

• Global Moderator
edit-cg is a goddamn idiot and accidentally deleted serp's post here. Serp said he was adding stuff with a 250g reward at 7 days. mentioned that reward is effectively doubled since it applies to each arena individually, i think linked to the github change implementing this, and maybe some other stuff.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 05:24:37 pm by cg »

cg

• Heckler
Going with 250g when >= 7 days instead of 300g when >= 8 days so that a player might fit in arena deck submission into their weekly schedule. The 250g reward is also given if it's the user's first deck

Let's change submission rewards as follows:
1. When submitting a new deck, receive 25g per day of current age, up to a cap of 10. Instead of a cap of 10, I'm comfortable with a cap of (whenever you reach minimum hp).
2. If current age is >= 7, receive a +75g bonus.
3. Fine with submitting your first deck receiving the capped bonus still.

This means the bonus scales with age during the reasonable life of a deck, and removes the incentive to only submit decks on day 1 or day 7.