oEtG Forum

Add a little thing for Alpha Wolf

Chapuz · 5 · 3367

Chapuz

Alpha Wolf summons the Pack Wolves when playing form hand, Mitosis, Beguile and Give. I would like to add the "transofrming" instance. This means when I have Tombs in play and one of my wolfies die (say, Cremation).

Cheers!

cg

• Heckler
i don't feel strongly one way or the other, i'll go with whatever serp thinks on this one. isn't gonna be any more OP than mitowolves, isn't gonna make any less sense than beguile

serprex

• Global Moderator
No. We need to make it clear that 'on play' is 'on place'. This would be a hack that just complicates things

I'd be more open to clear up Beguile case, take a page from MtG & make 'on place' be clearly about transition from one place to another (so we have 'being placed in creature zone' & 'moving around in creature zone' where the latter can include switching sides. Dunno)

Fippe94

• Administrator
IMO moving things like Give and Beguile should not count as onplace, and thus not trigger alpha wolf.

cg

• Heckler
To close the loop: it sounds like what we're going to do is pretty much completely remove "on-place" unless anyone can think of a situation where it's a good thing to have (we couldn't). Instead we'll be doing "when moved from hand" (for things that only trigger when you actually cast them as a card from hand, which we already have) and "when created"/"when moved from nowhere", which will allow things like mitowolves to still work but will kill the beguile/give wolf interaction.