oEtG Forum

Event 3

Zaranir

I like card-designing events (i think it's popular point of view :D ), so haven't waited too much to start thinking on what should material design for this event. Of course, I would like other member's ideas as well, just for start.

Description:

At first, I'll say a multiplicative 20% chance to shuffle back, so maximally ~75% with 6 copy, could be reduced if seems OP. The owner of Emergency exit gains quanta, even if reshuffles the opponent's hand.

Out-of-element, it's combosive with Armagio, SoFocus, Gravy defender and other cards what are meant to die in the end of their process.

In element, the quanta gaining ability is independent from it's own effect, triggering on cards like Throw rock, Scattering wind (gives you a lot of quanta), Pixie and Whim and can prevent deckout with Jack O'lanterns (with a lot).

flyingcat

• RNJesus > Hard Counter
Seems like a solid start. However, I dislike the similarity to Feng Huang. Perhaps we could focus more on the quanta gain part?
So apparently I can fly now

Zaranir

Other versions:

Spy reveals your foe's hand if you use Give on it. Gives quanta for it's owner even if the opponent discards and the quanta will match with the shuffled/discarded card's element. Immaterial could be poweful, but there's no 'original owner' implemented, so would only 'remember' if it'll use a bonus counter only for that reason. And spies are unseen.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 08:15:18 pm by Zaranir »

flyingcat

• RNJesus > Hard Counter
I like the spy~
So apparently I can fly now

Zaranir

I like the spy~

Worked on a bit. Only evades targeting (mass CC works against it) and +1 HP. Gives quanta for it's owner even if the opponent discards and the quanta will match with the shuffled/discarded card's element and wording (more refining could be useful).

Dawn to Dusk

• The Original Materialist

(im not disregarding any ideas btw, just posting an idea of my own)

basically, any creature that gets a positive change in stats gains momentum until it attacks. accel doesnt proc this (unless adren). same with SoP. blitz is arguable as to whether it makes it OP, graboid is arguable as to whether evolve counts as a change in stats

Armour, Fire spirit/Lava golem, Forest spirit, rage pot, practically ANY buff card, wyrm

Zaranir

D2D-s idea seems good, just... a name and a cost needed. Interesting with Overdriven creatures and SoF. Could say that attack change will be enough.

Zaranir

Card refined for the event, nerfed to fit thematically for the name what I've found out instantly :D

And sent the card, coz 9 minutes was left :D And betta than nothing
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 12:52:48 am by Zaranir »