oEtG Forum

Shark of Serendipity

Niharia

• Arachnophile-in-residence
I shared this idea a while back on the Discord, but now I've drawn it. I wasn't thinking about the overlays while I did the art, though, so it may need to be recentered so the ability text doesn't cover the hammer. If this concept gets to the stage where framing is a problem, let me know - the .xcf version of the file is in layers and should be easy to adjust.

Shark of Serendipity 6 :entropy
4|6
When this creature deals damage, add a random effect to the attack. Possible effects include damage, lobotomise, parallel universe, rewind, & freeze 6.

Upgraded:
Shark of Serendipity 6 :entropy
5|7
When this creature deals damage, add a random effect to the attack. All existing effects are possible.

Ability text based on chaos seed and chaos seed 2.0, respectively. I imagine that the ability text on the battlefield will say "chaos" or "hit chaos" (unupped) and "chaos 2.0" or "hit chaos 2.0" or possibly "chaos 2.5" (upped).

I'm curious to see whether Shadcord/Disow champions will be prone to beguile upped sharks of serendipity over to the opponent when their chaos generates blessing/tempering/holy light.

Elemensch

When this creature deals damage, add a random effect to the attack. Possible effects include damage, lobotomise, parallel universe, rewind, & freeze 6.

How would those effects apply to the player, who is the target of most creature attacks?

(I don't want to be lobotomized.)

Niharia

• Arachnophile-in-residence
Lobotomy and freeze would impact the player's weapon. I was initially thinking parallel universe and rewind would fail, but now that you mention it, if they affect the weapon as well, that could work too.  If parallel universe applies to weapons, then - just like a mitosising flying weapon - the newly-generated weapon would go to the shark's owner's weapon slot and clobber whatever might have been there before. If the damaged player has no weapon, the PU/Rewind will fail and do nothing anyways.