General Category > Cardinal

Event 3: Spitballing?

(1/3) > >>

Shinki12345:
So, what ideas do you all have for cards?

timpa:
I'll be on a conference until the 20th, so I have very little time unil then. Shoot ideas anyway.

Shinki12345:
Alright, here are a few concepts for cards:

Hellscape Butterfly: Creature

Spoiler for Hidden: Concept art:
Spoiler for Hidden:
Cost: 6x :fire, 7x  :fire

Causes a 1-6 random effects to be inflicted on opponents monsters when entering play, may destroy/steal/quake permanents as well. Activating butterfly effect while this card is in play causes this cards effect to activate.

Power/Toughness: 2-2, 5-1

Combos:

Butterfly effect
unsummon
eternity
Rewind

Mitosis

(Alternative names: Brimmstone Butterfly, Fiery Omen(ghost like creature instead), Doom Tsuthsayer(Humanoid))

Reaper of Tomorrow: Creature
Spoiler for Hidden:
Cost: 8x  :death, 8x   :death

When this card enters the battlefield or is discarded, both players skip their next draw phase.

Power/Toughness: 5-1, 9-1

Combos:

unsummon
eternity
Rewind
Fractal

nightmare
Mitosis
Twisted Mural: Creature
Spoiler for Hidden:
Cost: 4x  :darkness, 3x  :darkness

When you draw this card or discard this card, reveal it and steal target permanent or card. When this card comes into play, take 5 damage and gain no life for the rest of the turn.

Power/Toughness: 4-2, 3-2

Combos:

eternity
Rewind
Fractal

reinforcements

timpa:
back

Have some comments:

Butterfly's effect feels weird outside :entropy and it would be better not to have synergies spell'd out in the card text imo (BE activating it). Feels a bit OP as it is a bit like upped panda with a clause that allowa you to use it again (the 1-6 targets factor helps balancing, the PC side doesn't). The cost is a little higher than panda though.

Reaper has more synergies still. Innovation, Hourglass, Burn Card, Clepsidra and Yoink for example. I feel like sanctuary effects should block it. I'd rework the name to fit the theme a bit. In terms of balance I'd probably reduce the attack a bit (4/1 - 7/1 maybe).

Mural's name invokes a permanent to me, might wanna change that. It looks like steal on steroids, since you don't have to pay for it (quanta or health) to get the effect on draw or on discard (you can even control the discard with innovation), so it is seriously OP. The drawback is easily avoidable too by not playing the card)

I'll think of some cards too.

timpa:
I suggest we send this as a submission. It is a rebalanced version of Reaper of Tomorrow with an old art I did for an old competition. The lower cost helps the use with spamming it (RT, fractal, unsmummon, etc.) and the stats are not so OP (as a hitter the unupped gets overshadowed by mummy because of cost and the upped is overshadowed by recluses, also by cost)

Synergies:
in-element: unsummon, eternity, Rewind, Fractal (spam the creature. fractal can also ease the discard), Innovation (discard at will), Hourglass (allows to bypass the drawback consistently even if you are spamming it with eternity for example)

off-element: Nightmare (force the opponent to either give up hand space or discard this), Mitosis (spam the creature), Burn Card (discard at will)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version