oEtG Forum

Looking or some grinding advice/help

jimbo · 5 · 2801

jimbo

Hi all,

Been a loooong time lurker on the original elements and most recently oEtG. While I'm no expert on the original game I have over 10k games played over many years and most of the essentials upped.

Problem is, I'm really struggling with grinding this game. I'm currently using Mono-Earth Stone Skin by cg to grind commoners. I've played 500 games and I have no idea if there is something more efficient.

The end goal would be to use Spinfinite DG OTK by Chapuz(btw Chapuz, you've helped me loads with your decks throughout the years so big props to you).

Should I carry on grinding commoners using the deck above(due to the stone skin + streak bonus) or would I be better off building a champ deck to grind? and if so any recommendations for a champ deck?

Thanks in advance and gj on all the work put into this really glad someone stepped up to keep this great game alive.

J

Septima Rhay

• PvP Organizer
Hi Jimbo!

If you don't mind grinding with mono earth, stick with it until you meet your other goals.  I do suggest you try grinding mages with  fully upped earth deck.  If you feel bored, build other grinder decks for other AI targets.  There's so many viable decks for grinding at every AI target. I also used an upped, Mono Earth deck with stone skin to grind early on.  I found the streak bonus, reliability, and less clicking compared to other decks was worth it.   I think this is what I used to grind Mages:
Spoiler for mage grinder, mono earth:

For champs, I used so many different decks I can't remember one being the grinder deck.  And that's the point... why not try out many viable decks, have fun, and still earn a good bit of coin along the way.  Lots of grinder deck ideas in this forum section.

I got most of the cards I need after 1-2 months (even upped), so we don't really need to grind for long.  That's really nice because it lets you focus on deckbuilding for PVE and PVP pretty quick.  Don't forget you get nice coin from coliseum every day, and coin from submitting arena decks, too.

serprex

• Global Moderator
Against Champion you really want a DR shield, so a couple Diamond Shields to Septima's deck makes for a good champ deck

jimbo

Thanks guys :) Appreciate the advice.

I tried my hand at farming DGs using a half unupped/upped version of the Spinfinite DG OTK which did better than I expected. I've managed to get all the cards needed for it now(just need to work on upping them all) which is working for me atm.

I read a thread on here somewhere that was giving advice about which card packs to buy for efficiency and it mentioned buying Plat packs(I could have totally read it wrong too).
Do you guys agree with this? Just want to be sure before I sink 50k into them.

Thanks again really appreciate the advice.

serprex

• Global Moderator
You'll mostly want to sink money into gold packs to get all the rares, shards don't require as many packs to get a full set of. All packs are equal in efficiency