oEtG Forum

Hero's Destiny/Courage/Legendary

Shinki12345

:light : Hero's Destiny/Courage/Legendary

Cost: ~6 :light/ :earth / :aether

Creatures you control cannot attack for 6 turns(adding a graphic by the name similar to sosac), add a shield as sword at random from your deck and put it into your hand, your opponent cannot target your shields/sword as long as this effect is active. Destroy both your shield and sword at the end of this effect and discard your hand.

Essentially, the idea of this is to create a card that lets you grab any combination of shield and sword to fight as though you were battling alone. Spells are still active, and having a shield that can't be destroyed in play is amazing. Of course, this card is not without its downsides, requiring a player to use exclusively spells to win the game, and even have a block in play requiring them to do so asap.

Personally, my favorite part about the card is its potential to create a whole new genus of decks.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 05:53:40 am by Shinki12345 »

Chapuz

So, I run a creatureless deck and have 6 turns per Courage of... Eternity and Dusk Mantle while I load  :fire quanta for a bolt OTK?

Shinki12345

So, I run a creatureless deck and have 6 turns per Courage of... Eternity and Dusk Mantle while I load  :fire quanta for a bolt OTK?
On top of that, you would need some way of healing since the opponents creatures can still attack.

I think the place for this is honestly aether. Healing and earth already have a lot fo interesting new cards, I think aether deserves something like this now.

First thing that comes to mind is a duck and dagger deck with lightning bolts and siphon life. Keep in mind, more than 1 courage is not very useful since you discard it at the end of the effect.

Chapuz

It's not so powerful, you know? It doesn't deserve such a Drawback

Shinki12345

It's not so powerful, you know? It doesn't deserve such a Drawback

Fair enough, we can remove the drawback.

Chapuz

Perfect, no drawback!
Now it's still highly UP. Why would you restrict your creatures from attacking for 6 turns just to equip a PA'd weapon and shield?
It should double the effect of your weapona and shield. Weapons attacking twice and the ones with active ability able to cast it twice.

Shinki12345

Perfect, no drawback!
Now it's still highly UP. Why would you restrict your creatures from attacking for 6 turns just to equip a PA'd weapon and shield?
It should double the effect of your weapona and shield. Weapons attacking twice and the ones with active ability able to cast it twice.

Are you sure it's UP? It seems really powerful as is, any creature less deck that has the color for it would use this card no question. Duck and dagger, fog and eagle eye, and even hope + lobo in RoL/hope. It's just all around a powerful effect.

On top of that, otk decks can use it with dim shield for guaranteed protection.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 05:54:38 pm by Shinki12345 »

OdinVanguard

• ... Oxidants happen...
It seems a little UP considering I can get the same effect from a pair of Protect Artifact spells and there is no duration limit nor am I prevented from using creatures.

Shinki12345

It seems a little UP considering I can get the same effect from a pair of Protect Artifact spells and there is no duration limit nor am I prevented from using creatures.

Ok, how about putting the weapon and shield into play instead of into your hand?

Dawn to Dusk

• The Original Materialist
i wouldnt object to the weapon having an attack boost
a shield having a DR boost may cause weird combos and coding and perhaps be avoided but idk

serprex

• Global Moderator

OdinVanguard

• ... Oxidants happen...
i wouldnt object to the weapon having an attack boost
a shield having a DR boost may cause weird combos and coding and perhaps be avoided but idk
To keep this from being UP there would almost certainly need to be some kind of boost. Creatures are our primary source of damage and even abilities so going without those is trick.
This is largely due to the fact that creatures provide a stable recurring source of damage and effects while spells are one shot things.
To make this worthwhile it has to compensate for the effective card advantage you are giving up.