oEtG Forum

Sarcophagus

Zaranir

-------------

Sarcophagus / Sarcophagus
Cost: 2  :time / 2  :time
Abilities:
  • unupgraded: Generates one Skeleton and plays one from deck on play. Releases a Mummy, if destroyed.
  • upgraded: Generates one Skeleton and plays one from deck on play. Releases a Mummy, if destroyed.

Description / clarification

First I thought it as a fun card, then went a bit complicated.

First of all, Skeletons represents the guardians of the tomb. And chosing them instead of a Scarab because using them in a deck on it's own is a cost :D And prefers self-Rewinding tactic (undead passives), what is completely unused.

Some calculation for the upped, considering that you play Skele in deck for that or no, in mono- :time .

Card
Cost
Dmg
Gain
Without anything1
2 :time
2-41-2 Skeleton
With Deflag22 :time + 2 :fire7-91-2 Skeleton + Mummy
Deflag+Rewind34 :time + 2 :fire 6-81-2 Skeleton + Pharaoh

It can be complicated more, but in my opinion the optimal was 9 attack for 4 :time as a 2 card combo and after it, seems to be worse, similar to a GoTP or playing a Pharaoh normally. Don't say it does not worth to try in other situations, like it shows a high potential, even in mono. Edit: Does not work with Midas.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 02:13:34 am by Zaranir »

serprex

• Global Moderator
Note Midas doesn't proc destroy since it transforms. Do like concept tho, & on-destroy is something to be explored

OdinVanguard

• ... Oxidants happen...
Might be easier to have it just draw up to 2 skeletons or just add 2 skeletons to its owner's hand on play.
Skeletons are free so there's no quanta worries at least.

If you want to keep the midas synnergy you could use "destroyed or targeted" instead.

I really wish there was something that could force opponent to destroy your stuff on their turn... would be a great salvager combo.

Zaranir

Note Midas doesn't proc destroy since it transforms. Do like concept tho, & on-destroy is something to be explored

Sad, but was my fault for not checking it.

Might be easier to have it just draw up to 2 skeletons or just add 2 skeletons to its owner's hand on play.
Skeletons are free so there's no quanta worries at least.

I don't think that anyone would risk to use 6 Skeleton for 4-6 Sarcophagus (Mostly 1-3 Skele for 4-6 Sarco), but wanted to make the owner forced to use some Skeleton. Not sure if even that will be enough for that, so not counted this in the cost of the card. And it's played on field to give synergy with Epoch.

If you want to keep the midas synnergy you could use "destroyed or targeted" instead.

I really wish there was something that could force opponent to destroy your stuff on their turn... would be a great salvager combo.

Rather thinking on that Midas should do something special with that card. Like, it's only touching the 'shell', making it more strong and worthy and still useful. Could become 'Golden Sacrophagus'. Dunno what it effectively should do (Giving it 'vend'? This would need making the on-destroy effect passive). Or just let it how it would work and reduce cost a little.

Me too, but think that AI will be dumb enough to prefer targeting this instead of pillars without forcing.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 01:30:33 am by Zaranir »

OdinVanguard

• ... Oxidants happen...
golden version eh?... maybe allow it to summon more skellies as an ability, or have it grant skellies an extra ability... or be able to cast rewind on skellies. Any of those could work.

Zaranir

Chosen the most simple solution and let it how it is. Upped's cost reduced to 2. And thinking on polling it to vote.

Chapuz

As drawpower is quite weak, and using this + Midas as 2x drawpower + a mummy looks as the only usage of the card. Having a permanent that does nothing every turn is meh.