oEtG Forum

Irridescent Scales

OdinVanguard

• ... Oxidants happen...
--Optional--

-------------

Irridescent Scales / Irridescent Scales
Cost: 6 :life / 5 :life
Stats (if creature or weapon): -NA- (spell)
Ability(ies):
  • unupgraded: "Target creature becomes reflective and gains +1|+0 each time it reflects spell damage. It will now also pull psionics during gravity pull."
  • upgraded: "Target creature becomes reflective and gains +1|+0 each time it reflects spell damage. It will now also pull psionics during gravity pull."

How does life cope with being blasted by flames? It evolves flame proof scales ;)

Basically, the targeted creature will reflect any spell damage that is dealt to it back at the opposing player. As an added buff, the creature will absorb a little of the energy to grow stronger as well.
Lastly, some built in gravity pull synnergy is provided to make the target a serious threat to spell damage creatures.

Only spell damage is affected. Other spells and effects are not prevented. E.g. it could still get hit by GP and die from physical attacks, or get frozen, delayed, rewound, etc.

Shinki12345

I think this might belong in aether rather than life. Life kind of has a lot of new cards already, I think maybe another element should get some love.

The idea is awesome though, lots of cool ideas for synergy.

OdinVanguard

• ... Oxidants happen...
I think this might belong in aether rather than life. Life kind of has a lot of new cards already, I think maybe another element should get some love.

The idea is awesome though, lots of cool ideas for synergy.
Hmm... The only trouble with aether is that it already has quint as a really good form of spell protection, so this would be kind of redundant.

I mainly put it in life because life can always use a little extra protection for its creatures since it doesn't focus on CC or PC as much as a lot of other elements.

It fit in light pretty well, but I think light needs new cards even less than life does right now.

... So where to put it then?

kirbylover314

• The Meta of Christmas Past
Well, if we consider mass PC spell damage, maybe it could work. Said damage would go back to opponent who played Mass CC

OdinVanguard

• ... Oxidants happen...
Well, if we consider mass PC spell damage, maybe it could work. Said damage would go back to opponent who played Mass CC
yep... like a partial voodoo