oEtG Forum

Fissure

Naii_the_Baf

Fissure | Fissure
20 :earth | 15 :earth
Spell
Drain all your :earth quanta. Deal damage to opponent per quanta drained. All creatures receive damage equal to the quanta drained divided by 15, rounded down.

I'm not sure what to call this.

Originally this was going to be a :chroma card, but that would be OP. Given Entropy's lack of OTKs despite SN being a thing I decided to put it there. Not exactly an OTK since you do need to deal 1 more damage so it's kinda like reverse Miracle. Earth doesn't have the best quanta sink (Stone Skin). Not sure if it needs it but it's the best candidate for this card I think.
Spoiler for Hidden:
:entropy Pink Jelly
:death Soul Catcher
:gravity Brawl
:earth Stoneskin? (Fractal Gemfinder might be an issue)
:life Georesonator
:fire Firebolt
:water SoPa
:light Doesn't need it (RoL Hope)
:air Blitz
:time Pickup
:darkness Doesn't need it (Devtal?)
:aether Fractal

Also decided to make it damage the entire board as a form of area CC and to make it harder to win with end-of-turn damage, although a weapon could easily solve that.

Might be OP? Damage per quanta going down might be a good idea
« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 10:52:16 pm by Naii_the_Baf »

serprex

• Global Moderator
It could work in  :chroma just make it cost 1188

I do like that this version can't break 99 damage

The hassle is that it's rather one dimensional. & :entropy OTKs do have some themes already: pink jelly finishers, fractal unstable shifter, fractagon, antimatter chimera, givesingu
« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 12:29:57 pm by serprex »

Naii_the_Baf

Changed element to Earth and added an area CC effect to hinder damage wincon, although it's not like a weapon doesn't solve that. Also gives it use as emergency CC.

I also thought of instead of having area CC to drain the opponent's mark quanta pool and deal damage to self, which works as denial if it doesn't kill you. It could be a better effect.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 03:01:46 pm by Naii_the_Baf »