oEtG Forum

Serious Problems with Arena

timpa · 5 · 3882

timpa

• New to Elements
The "AI Deck" field displaying the code of the deck you are facing looks like a serious flaw imo, the decks in arena are not ever changing (as commoners and champions) and are not all well known (as mages and demigods) so spoiling any surprise effect the deck may have is an unfair advantage. I'd argue the same for the other AIs (though it's not as serious in this case). As I understand the usefulness of this feature I suggest suppressing it in the arena and only showing the deck code after the battle is over instead of at the beggining in the other AIs.

The second issue is that I'm starting to see oraclebows designed to lose coming from accounts that have near to zero wealth/cards (30 quantum pillars + 5 oracle cards) in the upgraded arena. Together with stale decks this is making arena grinding too easy imo (in a quick test I made ~5k in ~20 minutes). The solution would be adding a way to remove decks that are losing too much (bringing back the inactive decks system, for example)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 03:14:32 pm by timpa »
:chroma :gravity :time

serprex

• Global Moderator
There are 3 filters to decks atm. After a loss a deck will be removed if:
score < 15 (happens at 0-11)
16 more losses than wins
age > 14

Possibly decks should be ejected if they're 0-5 or some such

AI Deck being filled in was originally made for debugging purposes. It's unlikely necessary still, since we haven't been having AI bugs every other day
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 03:40:46 pm by serprex »

flyingcat

• RNJesus > Hard Counter
What's this AI deck code thing?
So apparently I can fly now

serprex

• Global Moderator
AI deck is positioned above chat, you can input any deck into it to test AI with a deck. It was previously filled with the deck code of any arena deck you went against, meaning you could view what the arena deck contained. I have since remove that, & it now only spits out the deck code of commoner/mage/champ/demigod

serprex

• Global Moderator
Possible solution that wouldn't rely on automated ejecting: make chatmods arenamods. Give them a /modarenakick command