oEtG Forum

ATP Synthase

OdinVanguard

• ... Oxidants happen...
--Optional--

-------------

ATP Synthase / ATP Synthase
Cost: 9 :life / 7 :life
Stats (if creature or weapon): -NA- (spell)
Ability(ies):
  • unupgraded: "Replace active skills of all cells and skilless creatures with: ' :air Respiration: Create an AMP card.' Consume remaining :life ."
  • upgraded: "Replace active skills of all cells and skilless creatures with: ' :air Respiration: Create an AMP card.' Consume remaining :life ."

Thematic / background info: ATP synthase article

Gives the 'respiration' skill to all of your cells (replaces mitosis) and skilless creatures in play. This includes both regular and malignant cells and any creatures that have no activated skill (frogs, dragons, etc) or creatures that have been lobotomized.

The respiration skill generates an AMP card in the owner's hand. This card can be cast to buff a target creature for +1|+2. If the target has respiration and the owner has :air quanta, then the AMP is converted into an ATP card instead.

ATP provides a much stronger buff (+3|+2) at a slightly higher cost. It also generates an ADP card at the end of the turn.
ADP provides +2|+2 and produces an AMP card at the end of the turn.

The ATP, ADP, and AMP cards are shown below. Each gives a buff to a target cell.
When ATP is used, an ADP card will be generated at the end of the turn. When ADP is used an AMP card gets generated. If AMP is used, it disappears like a normal spell.

Note that the new cards appear at the end of the turn. This is to prevent abuse by allowing infinite cycling in a single turn.

The ATP, ADP, and AMP cards could be made available individually, or left unbuyable like malignant cells.
I have them only able to target cells right now, but this may be extendable to any creature. I'm not sure if that would make it too powerful or not though.

-Artwork:
-ATP synthase art is a rendering of the crystal structure of ATP synthase. (Sadly I'm missing the stator portion :(  )
-ATP,ADP,AMP are renderings of the molecular models.
-Renderings made with VMD. ATP,ADP,AMP models built using Avogadro.
Spoiler for ATP:
--Optional--

-------------

ATP / ATP
Cost: 2 :life / 1 :life
Ability(ies):
  • unupgraded: "Target cell gains +3|+2. Add an ADP card to your hand at the end of your turn."
  • upgraded: "Target cell gains +3|+2. Add an ADP card to your hand at the end of your turn."
Spoiler for ADP:
--Optional--

-------------

ADP / ADP
Cost: 1 :life / 1 :chroma
Ability(ies):
  • unupgraded: "Target cell gains +2|+2. Add an AMP card to your hand at the end of your turn."
  • upgraded: "Target cell gains +2|+2. Add an AMP card to your hand at the end of your turn."
Spoiler for AMP:
--Optional--

-------------

AMP / AMP
Cost: 1 :chroma / 0
Ability(ies):
  • unupgraded: "Target creature gains +1|+2. If it has the 'respiration' skill, absorb :air and add ATP to your hand instead."
  • upgraded: "Target creature gains +1|+2. If it has the 'respiration' skill, absorb :air and add ATP to your hand instead."
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 06:18:21 pm by OdinVanguard »

Chapuz

Suchba forced combo and such a mess!

OdinVanguard

• ... Oxidants happen...
Suchba forced combo and such a mess!
^ hmm.. you may have a point.

I have reworked it to be less forced and streamlined the respiration mechanic more.

I do want to have the cyclic buff spell effect though (e.g. AMP + :air -> ATP -> ADP -> AMP)

Chapuz

I just don't like this messy idea for the game, sorry.