Unstable Transporter

Septima Rhay

• PvP Organizer
Unstable Transporter (UT)
Card type: permanent
Element:  :entropy or  :life
Skill element "Transport": :aether:gravity, or  :time
Costs: 3 (unup) and 2 (up) for card, 1 for skill

We've got unstable gas and unstable shifter.  Is it time for unstable transporter?

Skill effects: Target creature is randomly transported (keeps all current stats) in one of five ways --
1. 60% chance target stays in place (failed transport)
2. 25% chance Transported to opposite side of creature board
3. 5% chance Transported to opposite side of creature board and is mutated*
4. 5% chance Transported to random player's hand
5. 5% chance Transported to random player's deck
* Mutation effects same as unupped mutation card

There are spell cards that 'move' creatures: Unsummon, Reverse Time, Give, Beguile, Living weapon. There are creatures that move other creatures: Whim and Fairy. There are permanents that summon something new (SoSe) or something from a deck (Stormspike).  An UT would be a permanent that moves creatures.  Since you can target either player's creature board, UT is a dynamic offense/defense card.  It can (i) remove damage from opponent, (ii) add damage/skills for self,  (iii) remove undesirable creatures on board, and (iv) has a small impact on hand/deck status as well. Seems to fit entropy thematically, but may have anti-synergies with Entro's cc cards, maxwell, etc., and might be a cool addition to life and fit stallish builds - SoG, Shaman, etc. A well-designed fail/success rate would be key to balance. Because it's like CC on a stick, the fail rate should be fairly high.  If the success rate for transporation is higher, the card/skill cost should likely increase.  Low cost means it find play in more chroma decks.  Higher cost probably means more duo or quad set-ups. 
« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 04:24:40 am by Septima Rhay »

Dawn to Dusk

• The Original Materialist
Despite the high chance of failure, I am concerned about the ability to run 6 of them in a deck. At least with something like OE you're required to use Flying Weapon or something similar, and something like Elf is significantly easier to deal with, and costs quite a lot. I would expect a cost increase to probably the ability to prevent the abuse, and careful tinkering of the elements so that it's not just in Cardinal elements, nor give Life too much CC. Despite this, I do quite like the theme of the card, and the ability is quite interesting too