oEtG Forum

Osmovootk

sirteeth

076ts046u3056ul0477l027ee017q9057qb027tg018pj

1 voodoo+ 2 bb+ 3 osmo+ 1 osmo/bb is the kill combo. rest is all about drawing.

Chapuz

well it does have the advantage of being extremely cheap

sirteeth

Well it's 1bb+ 2 osmo+ 3 any bb/osmo which does the trick actually. i thought equalize would make it a 6 card combo, but thats only true if nightfall is in play (otherwise it just dies). Can win turn4. I replaced an amethyst tower with another precog, giving an effective decksize of 19 (well, considering sobr as free draw 2 for that). average ttw is more like 6+ though. getting the right (or rather enough) combopieces is usually the bottleneck, though i have been running short on entropy too some of the time. Not getting an early sn can be crippling too.

serprex

• Global Moderator
Please say how much damage your combo does for us plebs

Chapuz

Half the HP of the Voodoo for each osmosis. Repeatable. So a 80 HP Voodoo deals 40 damage for each Osmosis.

sirteeth

7 card combo deals 100 or 120 dmg (if you get a more balanced combination of bbs and osmos you deal more). So its mostly for pvp (proof of concept was vs commoners though)

Kaisern

Been playing around with the deck.  Ricochet can be pretty strong with this deck:

05505015fu036ts046ud046u30577l037qb027um037tg018pj

sirteeth

I do like the inclusion of ricochet, changes the dynamic of the deck quite a bit. perhaps it allows the cc to actually be used as cc after all. Why the dark pends though? one sn pays for all the voodoos you're gonna want to play (unless rico makes it so you actually want more targets on your side, even if it reduces dmg at first when osmo buffs the wrong creature?). Does ricochet bounce precog? (still got to get lucky to be chosen as caster of the ricochet ofc, but that would make precog also better on average, for sobra the caster doesnt even matter)

sirteeth

Nvm, the only draw that works with rico is inno (and arguably sor+nymph), since most draw doesnt target. might make a different spin of innorico though, where you want to accelerate your own draw this way.
Oh, scattering wind actually might work too. can sorta backfire however.
Edit again: For some reason it doesnt. Nothing on the card suggests it shouldnt work this way though, it does target. 1 or 2 scattering winds are good in this deck regardless, gives a use to useless excess quanta cards. Just play your first voodoo before you play scattering wind.

015fu036ts036ve036ud046u3046ul0477l027nf047qb027tg018pj

current mod

rico can cause some really fun board states, have had 205 dmg otks happen pretty quickly for instance.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 12:05:06 am by sirteeth »

Kaisern

Sirteeth, I had the dark pends b/c I kept running into a situation where I couldn't play a voodoo doll early enough and would have to toss otherwise valuable cards until a SN came.  And the way I would play the deck, I would want at least 2 Voodoo dolls on the field so that I could also benefit from x2-x4 basi blood & Osmosis casts.  I was primarily using the deck vs. Champ -> Demi, so I needed the extra dmg output.

Your newest iteration seems fun and I can't wait to play with it! I've been struggling to make the ricochet combo better, and this seems like a step in the right direction.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 01:06:18 pm by Kaisern »

sirteeth

The solution to that would be another sn rather than random dark pends. In the original version i never wanted to play the second voodoo, because it reduces damage when osmosis buffs the wrong target. I wager the extra hit chance is still not worth the lower dmg per hit with rico, but I havent calculated that.

Also osmosis fizzles if you dont have a voodoo out, even if you just want to use it as cc, so that would be another reason to want to get one early.

This was meant to be a pvp deck, as the original combo just about kills players. Ricoversion may have more potential overall though!