oEtG Forum

Gladius Ferrosmith

Manuel

0177l067dp027ee027dm037e1047e9067jp057ke017n0018pp

the deck is based on the card advantage given by ferro golem, i think the only card in oetg able to tutor, rather than simply draw cards. For card games, card advantage is mostly everything, drawing a card is the strongest thing u can do: being able to tutor is even more stronger.

Why i picked gladius: 5/5 is decently good, it can be fueled by a single immolation or by a single rol in case i don't draw immo. Water mark + the water quanta given by immo is more than enough to fuel is ability

Why not using a simpler build with lava destroyers? They can't be tutored, the deck is less consistent and they are very weak to early cc. In the worst scenario, lifesmith has 8 health, there isn't a single cc card able to okho/rather than weird things like mutation. If it gets killed, it means 2 cards are wasted and still, i lost lifesmith but i still have +1 on a card. With "normal" aw deck, cc on an animated weapon is almost an autoloss.

The 2 sobs, bb are optional, i like sobs even if preco can still be an option, bb is still the best, cheapest cc card and same for fog shield.

The deck is ofc far from perfect, u can win against champions and nothing more, it can't mantain the card advantage against arena 2 because of double draw and more focused deck on a strategy like pure rush, pure control.

Turlututu

Since you don't need a constant inflow of light quanta, I would recommend Photons over Rays. They give you the one light quanta you need right away, so you can immediately play the Gladius.

Similarly, using unupped Lifesmiths lets you play a Golem + a Lifesmith with a single Cremation. This is extremely relevant since you have no other fire quanta source.

Basically:
035fh065l90177l067dp027ee027dm047e9057ke017n0018pp

Nice deck by the way.

serprex

• Global Moderator
i think the only card in oetg able to tutor, rather than simply draw cards

Arguably Tess. & Whim can be pretty effective search if you have a few of them out. Anyways, I couldn't get you free Nova, but was thinking of you when deciding to put tutor on stormshield
Stormshield

Search from top of deck for a pillar when being attacked. If pillar found, block attack & destroy pillar.Search deck for copy of target card. Draw that copy.6