oEtG Forum

OpenEtG's First Birthday

Fippe94 · 13 · 6899

Fippe94

• Administrator
OpenEtG's First Birthday and Beta Version Release

OpenEtG is turning one year old! Join us in celebrating OpenEtG's first birthday, along with celebrating the official move from Alpha to Beta.

If you have never heard of it, OpenEtG is an open source "fanmade" game based on Elements. It has all the cards Elements has, and the same basic duel mechanics, but many new features and tweaks suggested by the community.

The game has been developed non-stop for the last year, and is finally complete as a game, though balance tweaks and new content is being added constantly. As the game itself is complete, the time has come to officially move to Beta, so we are celebrating from now until OpenEtG's first birthday on November 30th.

A few highlights:

Over a hundred new cards
OpenEtG has added over a hundred new cards to the vanilla card pool. Most of those cards are taken from the CIA subforum, such as Orochi, Alpha Wolf and Unstable Shapeshifter.

Countless balance changes
Many suggestions taken from the buff/nerf sections have been implemented, tested, tweaked, re-tested, and re-tweaked.

PvP Events
It's not too late to sign up for our latest Tournament WYSIWYP. Or maybe you prefer unrestricted PvP, like leagues? Fear not, for we have our own leagues too! The current (very first) season ends in a week, but it is not too late to join. If you still feel that is too short time, the next season will start right when this one ends, on December 1st. Be sure to join!

Booster Packs
Instead of having a bazaar with all the common cards for purchase individually, OpenEtG has gone down a different route: booster packs. The rarity system has been expanded, and there are a variety boosters to help you get all the cards, each one with elemental flavours.

Trading
OpenEtG has a well-developed trading system between players, so if your booster packs don't give you the cards you want, you can trade what you got to someone else.

Interface Features
A number of convenience additions have been added, such as infinite in-game deck storage and keyboard shortcuts.

Colosseum
Ever missed some sort of daily challenges? Well OpenEtG has them, in the shape of Colosseum. Beat a predetermined opponent, or maybe several random decks in a row. If you complete all events for a day, you even get a special prize!

Quests
Adventure on the mysterious Potatotal Island. In each quest you follow a story, face predermined decks, and can get great rewards!

If that weren't enough, to celebrate the birthday, from the time of this post until the end of OpenEtG's birthday (November 30th), anyone who makes a post in this topic, will recieve a reward code for 5000 Gold! Yes, you read that correctly, 5000 Gold! This sum is a great start to a new card collection, a great addition to an existing one, and 20 more Nymphs for those of you who are finishing up your collection!

iancudorinmarian

• Master of Ponies.Eternally salty about War#11 SEC.
Happy birthday :)

I haven’t checked the game for a while, but I’m sure you did a great job.

Though posting that whole OEtG thing on the forums was not really such a good idea. A simple link to this topic would’ve been enough imo (you know, because of people who are against this project)

I’m still quite in the middle: neither against nor pro it, but don’t worry, this opinion is only on the game, not on you two as members.

treebeard xiii

ooh gold can I has some please since I have recently restarted playing oetg. Happy birthday oetg.

timpa

• New to Elements
I heard there would be cake gold.

Happy 1st birthday
Happy beta
:chroma :gravity :time

mathman101

Happy Birthday OEtG!

and thanks to all those that have put work and effort into the making of this game. (card ideas, art, coding, graphics, etc.)

Also......mmmm....gold :P

kirbylover314

• The Meta of Christmas Past

Lost in Nowhere

• [Insert witty comment]

FrozenEspithel

• Espithel
Glad I could experience the place.

Happy Anniversary, oETG.
௵_௵

cg

• Heckler
Happy birthday to oetg and a big thank you to everyone for all their work on this.

Arc

I have to admit, I accidentally stumbled upon OEtG, and I'm enjoying it so far. I'm having trouble buying Platinum packs, and I don't know if that's not implemented yet, or if there's a coding problem/bug about. Great job on making this game though, and sincere birthday wishes to OEtG.

Fippe94

• Administrator
That's weird, there shouldn't be any problems with Plat packs as far as I know. If you have more problems with them, make a topic in the Bugs section.

TLoD

happy birthday OEtG!

Just noticed something. It is still 11/30 my time (8:12 PM, to be exact) but the time at the top of the forum says 12/1, 2:10 AM. Does that still count as 11/30?