oEtG Forum

Dream Catcher (healing nullifier)

Submachine

Basic Concept: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/level-1-crucible/dream-catcher-dream-catcher/

The element is darkness, so it hurts LS and vampires a bit, but the upped can be changed to only affect the opponent. The mechanic has never been seen in vanilla, so I'm quite curious how would it affect the game.

Torriku

I like it, it can cancel healing, and if it works how I read  it could stop the damage from singularity vampires, Healing that damages because of SoSac.

serprex

• Global Moderator
I think what Chapuz is getting at is how is this better than SoV? It doesn't fail with having other damage sources, but it relies a lot on opponent having healing

Chapuz

it relies a lot on opponent having healing

Exactly. The majority of the decks don't have healing, making this card a waste of space.

serprex

• Global Moderator
A more versatile healing counter would be to set target player into sacrifice status for a turn

serprex

• Global Moderator
Other variant of versatility: halves all damage/healing effects (for both players?)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 08:13:41 pm by serprex »

Submachine

I was thinking that this could be combined with Rejuvenation or targeted Healing spells, and I would also make the upgraded version deal damage instead of healing. It still shouldn't be sacrifice status, so damage would remain damage.

serprex

• Global Moderator
Dream Catcher, costs 3/2, gives hand/quanta protection, when your opponent discards, you gain a copy of that card

Might be best in not-darkness because then it moves away from obvious nightmare synergy & let's burn card be used in duo while darkness needn't that so much since it has yoink

Catching spells cast is another mechanic to consider
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 06:41:48 am by serprex »

Chapuz

Don't we have another card(s) that catch spells? (Lemming & Null Mantis)?Nulifying healing is something that would never be used against any opponent.