oEtG Forum

In-game Bazaar

serprex

• Global Moderator
Seeking feedback on in-game bazaar. You'd essentially be put in a deck editor, like trading, but the value total would be multiplied by some factor. You'd then purchase the cards you'd selected & be charged that inflated price

Thinking 1.5x or 2x pack value

Wealth would still consider cards by their pack value

Arguments against this is that it discourages trading. Trades usually occur at better rates, so I disagree
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 03:49:35 am by serprex »

Lost in Nowhere

• [Insert witty comment]
I'd say more than that, but I don't really know.
Another option I recall seeing somewhere is that there is a random subset of cards available each day, although I'm also unsure about whether or not that would go against the purpose of having a bazaar.

Chapuz

A bazaar like serprex descripted would make everyone use it instead of the boosters.
I have seen 2 games where a random set of cards like LiN said was able to be bought daily and that indeed added more fun to the game (Prime World TD and BattleCry CCG).
The amount of cards avaliable to buy for oEtG, which has a much larger amount of cards, can be 6-10 random cards between commons and shards. The price for each card in the bazaar would have to be:
Common: price of bronze pack
Uncommon: prize of silver pack
Rare: prize of gold pack
Shard: prize of Platinum pack
Why? Because people usually buy packs willing to obtain 1 single specific card. They will be willing to pay this prize to ensure they get what they want
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 11:47:37 am by Chapuz »

timpa

• New to Elements
The main benefit I see from this is bringing the newer cards faster to the players, specially in their upped form. Either that or update the option for "recently released" in the booster pack to give a higher probability, the more recently a card has been released (I don't know the details of how it is implemented)
:chroma :gravity :time

serprex

• Global Moderator
The other reason is that rares are beginning to get rather difficult to get a specific copy of, especially Time. Newer players struggle to get much sought Innovations unless they poke chat looking for trades frequently