oEtG Forum

A creature based on Tardigrades

Moonstar101

Tardigrades are the most resilient beings known to humans, Wiki: 'with individual species able to survive extreme conditions—such as exposure to extreme temperatures, extreme pressures (both high and low), air deprivation, radiation, dehydration, and starvation—that would quickly kill most other known forms of life. Tardigrades have survived exposure to outer space.' Wiki: 'Tardigrades are thought to be able to survive even complete global mass extinction events due to astrophysical events, such as gamma-ray bursts, or large meteorite impacts.' Basically Tardigrades forgot how dying works, they can last 30 days without food or water when in 'survival mode' and can last 10 days in space, needless to say, a creature based on Tardigrades would be pretty cool just look up tardigrades they even look like monsters https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tardigrade If you need a suggestion on where to put these little things I say nature or gravity.

Dbrad

I'm thinking of it like a ash eater but for gravity, you should also have it so the ability is "if you have 4 on the field at once sacrifice all 4, summon micro colony" (this is just a suggestion, I'm not trying to tell you what to do)

sirteeth

thematically tardigrades are immune to everything except for the thing they should be afraid of, ordinary physical damage. They also have like no offensive capabilities. A compromise of thematics and giving the card a use could be 2 :water 2|2 immune to spell damage.all status effects other than freeze instead cause frozen 1. 0: Dehydrate: Generate 2 :water. becomes frozen indefinetely and gains 20 defense as well as the ability 2 :water: rehydrate (can be used while frozen) unfreeze and set max hp to 2. other than catapult and sopa i dont really see any actually interesting interactions for it though.

Naii_the_Baf

Ragepot thaws. Basically another Ragepot Angels.

Would the rehydrate ability stay after thawing or does it have to be used again?

sirteeth

a toggle like burrowing makes the most sense to me, though burrowing has no means of being undone through another effect. so yh ability would stay imo. I would also be ok with any thawing effect triggering the ability, but infinite healthgain with firenymph seems strange from both balance and a thematic point of view. also 22 frozen health for (kinda) 0 may be a bit much for catapult synergy so the max hp gain from ability may be a bit much rn.