oEtG Forum

Singularity Speedrun [Demigod Farm]

laxnut90

015rr066u30671l027an037ee067ka017qh0280a0380h018pj

This is the most successful version of the Singularity Combo deck I've tested and the highest win-rate deck I've found for Demigods.

For those unfamiliar with this deck, the goal is to get a Singularity on your opponent's side of the field and let that Singularity kill them.

To achieve this combo, you need 5 cards in your hand: 2 Supernovas; 1 Tomb; 1 Give; 1 Lightning or Give.

The combo works as follows:

Step 1 - Play 2 Supernovas to summon a Singularity.

Step 2 - Play Tomb.

Step 3 - Play Give on the Tomb to give it to your opponent.

Step 4 - Play Lighting or Give on your Singularity, killing the card and triggering the Tomb transformation to a Singularity on your opponent's side.

Additional (optional but helpful) steps:

Step 5 - Play Adrenaline on opponent's Singularity.

Step 6 - Play Quintessence on opponent's Singularity.

Of these, Quintessence tends to be the most important.  If you have to discard one of these cards, discard the Adrenaline and keep the Quintessence.  However, if you do have both, Adrenaline must be played first because Quintessence prevents further targeting.

The remaining cards in the deck are draw cards to help you get the combo out as soon as possible.  In Demigods, if you don't get the combo going before turn 5, you will likely lose.  Games are decided relatively quickly and with minimal effort once the combo gets going.  It is a fantastic way to farm Demigods.

EDIT

I received some requests for an unupgraded version:

0553501l35025c7025fu065lq055rr03621066u3018pj

This deck is obviously not as good, but is still serviceable at the highest difficulties of the game.  It only requires 6 upgraded cards - the Supernovas.

For this deck and the deck above, I would recommend using a mulligan on any starting hand that does not contain at least 1 Supernova.  The draw cards can help you get the other pieces of the combo, but everything requires Supernova to get started.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2022, 12:20:16 am by laxnut90 »

Manuel

is really consistent for being a combo deck, most of games i was able to pull out my combo and in several games i was really fast, like (my) turn 2: problem is against some fg no matter how quick i am, i can't win unleast i adren the singu

in a random run i was:

manalocked by fafnir
no idea what happened with fantasia lmao, i had the perfect hand with adrenaline, tbolt and quint he happerently drawed something from my deck and use give on me?
Spoiler for Hidden:
screwed by the guy with chimera
bernoulli outdamaged me 2 times even if i put a singu on my second turn
raped by wengchang after he pulled out a tomb with tess
managed to give 2 singu at the same time to akan, on of them quinted just for being blowed out by ugs
Spoiler for Hidden:

ironically against orpheus is the best and most consistent deck i have ever used and the closest thing to a counter

maybe with a skip list i can be more fast, if think to vdb it had a lot of skips but against a LOT of the fgs was really consistent (maybe 65/70% winrate) without needing a lot of luck

laxnut90

is really consistent for being a combo deck, most of games i was able to pull out my combo and in several games i was really fast, like (my) turn 2: problem is against some fg no matter how quick i am, i can't win unleast i adren the singu

in a random run i was:

manalocked by fafnir
no idea what happened with fantasia lmao, i had the perfect hand with adrenaline, tbolt and quint he happerently drawed something from my deck and use give on me?
Spoiler for Hidden:
screwed by the guy with chimera
bernoulli outdamaged me 2 times even if i put a singu on my second turn
raped by wengchang after he pulled out a tomb with tess
managed to give 2 singu at the same time to akan, on of them quinted just for being blowed out by ugs
Spoiler for Hidden:

ironically against orpheus is the best and most consistent deck i have ever used and the closest thing to a counter

maybe with a skip list i can be more fast, if think to vdb it had a lot of skips but against a LOT of the fgs was really consistent (maybe 65/70% winrate) without needing a lot of luck

Yes.  The main counters to this deck among Demigods are:

1) Anything that steals your quanta before you can get Singularity off.  You could counter this by adding Gift of Oceanus to the deck, but I find that reduces the winrate for other matchups.

2) Certain Demigods that steal or copy cards from your deck.  Oftentimes, they can copy Give from your deck and kill the Singularities. Sometimes you can still win here if you get Quintessence and/or enough Singularities fast enough.

3) Chimera decks are basically an automatic loss unless you get lucky.

4) Some fast-killing decks like Air, Life and Fire can kill you before you get enough Singularities on the field.  These matches are often toss ups.  You may want to consider not using Shard of Bravery to help them draw and/or using any extra Gives to give them cards they cannot play to heal yourself and slow them down.

serprex

• Global Moderator
Tried tuning this after singu nerfs
045350155v025c7015og065rr015ur03621066u3067ka018pj

& after some more testing it's clear why this has become so much worse than give/singu. While 7 is supposed to be a good adrenaline number, it's actually way worse than 1 because while the singu attacks it continues buffing itself. This can greatly reduce the impact of adrenaline. While guilesingu adjusted to the singu nerf by running more copies of adrenaline, it turns out adrenaline is just not that impactful so you don't really want to run more copies. While guilesingu stalls with guilegrade, givesingu needs to fit other stall pieces or cycle. So I've settled on cutting adrenalines for vagger/blackhole/precogs. Cycle has also gotten a lot worse since slower singus increase odds of decking out, so dropped shard of bravery, which was also helping opponent outrace singus faster

Givesingu's edge over Guilesingu was healing from Give. But it needs more stall now after that initial healing
« Last Edit: September 09, 2023, 09:10:08 pm by serprex »

serprex

• Global Moderator
06562025c7015fu02621066qt066u3017h4067ka018pj
This leverages that Give checks if the target has singu active to block. Acceleration is cheapest lobo spell (Liquid Shadow poisons singu, which sticks past transform, risking it dying)

Combo is sn+sn+accel+give+regrade, with usual optional +adren +quint

not good
025c7045if066qt066u3027ee027h4067ka0280h018pj

Elemensch

Even with GeoDiss and a Singularity given before round 5, I'm losing to Commoners (and Champions).

The damage numbers look off to me, too:

Spoiler for Hidden:

Elemensch

Even with GeoDiss and a Singularity given before round 5, I'm losing to Commoners (and Champions).

The damage numbers look off to me, too:

Spoiler for Hidden:

... figured it out. Ugh. So dumb.

You only get -hit vampire damage if the hit deals -damage to the target. So having a Dispersion Field up prevented all damage, which prevented all negative damage, which meant the -hit vampire effect did nothing to the opponent.

Have to Give away my shield after the Singularities ramp up a bit.