oEtG Forum

Ability Removal (Artic Dolphin and Martyr)

BigDieck

For Martyr, this might be intentional, but artic dolphin feels less so intentional.

I've been messing with ability/skill removal cards and testing them on both martyr and artic dolphin. These are all the cards I've been testing, could have missed some.
0356203598045ci035ct035c9035if065j1065lr035uu035vl035v80361u036270361r018pi

For Martyr, every interaction from these that I tested, it's strength increase from damage would always persist. Also with blue mage "stealing" martyr's ability, instead both the martyr and blue mage would have that ability.

For artic dolphin, I've been trying to see if I could remove its skill after it burrowed in attempts to prevent it from losing the tripled strength stat. These are my findings for when the artic dolphin has 18/4 and has its 2 :gravity  freeze a permanent ability:

Acceleration, Rejuvenation, Liquid Shadow/Black Nymph, and Embezzle: the artic dolphin would lose all abilities, and it would be replaced by what the card used does. The following turn, artic dolphin will lose the 12 attack from it's base ability, keep the added ability, and then also regain its base ability of 2 :water  burrow -> 2 :gravity  freeze permanent

Nightshade, Lobotimizer/Mind Flayer: It would remove all text from artic dolphin, and the next turn it would lose the 12 attack and relearn its base ability.

Sinkhole: 2 cases since you could immediately unburrow the dolphin for 1 :earth . When you unburrow immediately, it will revert back to 6/4, relearn the abilities, and then also have 1 :water  and 1 :gravity  as the cost for abilities. In the other case, it will stay burrowed, revert from 9/4 to 3/4, relearn its abilities at 1 quanta cost, and when using the 1 :water  ability, it will remain burrowed as a 3/4, and then next turn become a 18/4 with 1 :gravity  freeze a permanent. In both cases, the 1 :earth  burrow/unburrow ability disappears.
Mitosis: Similar to sinkhole, you can spawn a 6/4 artic dolphin that turn, and the 18/5 dolphin will go back to 6/5, and relearn its skills at a cost of 6 :water  and 6 :gravity  with the mitosis ability deleted.
For both these changed costs of the abilities, if you go through the abilities to get the tripled stat buff, and do any of the other ability delete cards, it will relearn the abilities at their changed costs the next turn.

Parallel Universe: The copied artic dolphin will spawn with the 18/4 and the same ability cost as the base dolphin, and then the following turn will revert back to 6/4 and gain base abilities at 1, 2, or 6 quanta cost (even when the base dolphin was lobotimized during that buffed state before casting parallel universe).
« Last Edit: February 09, 2024, 12:55:58 am by BigDieck »

serprex

• Global Moderator
Yes, Blue Mage sap copies passives, but passives aren't removed by lobo effects, so doesn't remove

Arctic Dolphin state management is manged by textless passives. Could probably put some checks to make implementation details less observable. But like existing behavior since it makes Dolphin/SoR a thing
« Last Edit: February 17, 2024, 10:52:54 pm by serprex »