oEtG Forum

Hysteria | Hysteria

FrozenEspithel

• Espithel
I don't really plan on spamming this place with all of my tat, so I'll just post the one card I really, really like. Like, the first one I ever made, perhaps? I was such a goit back then. :/

Hysteria
:entropy
Spell
Randomly redistribute all abilities, counters and statuses among all creatures.

Hysteria
3 :chroma (entropy)
Spell
Randomly redistribute all abilities, counters and statuses among all creatures.

Affects:
Poison counters, purify counters, momentum counters, immaterial, SoWmaterial, semi-immaterial(seraph), burrow, momentum, adrenaline, antimatter (the minus, not the actual ATK), and non-passive abilities.
Also some more I forget.

Let's say there are four creatures on the battlefield. You control 2, your opponent controls 2.
We'll say a poisoned Scarab,
A purified Vampire,
A poisoned Devonian dragon,
And a flying Stilleto.

Hysteria redistributes all counters/abilities from all creatures. It doesn't stack similar effects.
So from the above example we're taking 1 poison counter, 1 poison counter, 1 purify counter, 1 devour ability for 1 Gravity, 1 Vampire ability and 1 Vampire ability.

And then it dumps it randomly onto every creature- sometimes it'll be the same creature, sometimes it won't.

-

Chroma cost upped to make it more useable, a la animate weapon.
A few ideas for the card:
Graboid Mitosis
Anti-Aether
Singularity
Deja Vu onto something
Mini-Lobo
More pandemonium with Pandemonium
BB synergy
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 06:18:39 pm by FrozenEspithel »
௵_௵

OdinVanguard

• ... Oxidants happen...
Considering we have a lot more statuses / traits / abilities in oEtG, this could be quite interesting to use.
I don't like having the upped be a :rainbow cost, however, since this is potentially a very strong counter to some strategies (i.e. those that rely on only a handful of creatures with a powerful ability). In a sense its akin to a mass lobo... but way wackier.

I could see dropping the cost down to 1 :entropy , but it should at least take a little extra effort (e.g. adding a locket, nova, etc to a non-entropy deck).

Other than that, I would love to try this out.

FrozenEspithel

• Espithel
Hmm.
Most of the ideas I envision with this card are at least trio upped, and quanta balancing in elements can be really difficult...
But a cost of 1 :entropy doesn't sound too horrible, either.
My worry is just how powerful one entropy will be in enrtropy decks that do indeed want to use this card.
௵_௵

OdinVanguard

• ... Oxidants happen...
If this card scatters immaterial and burrowed status around, then (short of really peeving off aether players and yielding randomly non-unburrowable creatures) it will probably be fairly hard to abuse.

You can use it to steal buffs in a sense, but that requires a much larger army than the opponent to get the odds working in your favor.
You can also use it to protect against debufs, which requires the opposite caveat or lots of voodoo dolls.

All in all, though, since you have little control over where each buff, skill, etc. goes, its more or less a crap shoot. Which should make abuse trick if not impossible.