oEtG Forum

Voodoo + Sadism + PU not working?

Chapuz · 5 · 3696

Chapuz

When you PU a doll, it supposedly "damages" the new doll. That's why the opponent gets the PU damage bonus. So why don't I get healed when I PU a damagedd doll with Sadism?
I was imagining that Voodoo + PU decks could get an extra bonus from winning in full HP if a Sadism was played...

cg

• Heckler
From what I remember, PU doesn't actually damage things, and voodoo has a hidden "does damage to opponent when copied" ability that was added specifically to make voodoo/PU work still.

If I am remembering correctly, I am more inclined to explicitly state that ability on the card than to buff voodoo. Though if you think voodoo needs buffed, feel free to make that argument.

Chapuz

Well, it would be consistent to make it work like if it damages the doll, right? At least that's what I thought when I tried this idea.
Note: This is NOT because it's one of my fav cards, okay?

cg

• Heckler
PU shouldn’t make voodoo hurt opponent, though. It copies it, it doesn’t make a new one and damage it. The damage was a bonus voodoo-specific function that had to be explicitly added to make voodoo usable. When you PU a damaged martyr, it doesn’t double its buff.

Based on that, in my opinion, the problem here is that voodoo needs the card text “damages opponent per missing hp when copied”

Chapuz

If we're talking about the Voodoo status and not Voodoo Doll card by itself, it would make it understandable enough.